Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2017, 07:35 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 11th August.

Good Morning everyone, am trying to pick myself up and dust myself down and start all over again. I am sorry I have been neglecting you all lately. This moving lark or should I say trying to move lark has really pulled me down. Steve's bedroom is a tip! I have had to wash everything in his wardrobe and in some cases several times to get the mould out of his clothes. A lot had to be chucked in the bin. This wasn't as a result of rain but because her washing machine upstairs was leaking over a period of time!

Anyway, Jenny do hope you have a lovely day today and are made to feel really special.

Lyn, glad you got your ring back and Dillon appears to be ok.

Griff, hope your dad's car gets done and you are feeling better today.

Harvey, still never got to hear from the estate agents re that place in Halston, it would have suited me nicely.

Mandy, hope you are recovering well now and will soon be so much more mobile.

Kazz, Brenda, nikki, Norma, Eileen and all our other friends hope you are all keeping well, and June hope you are getting better too.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Good morning Moyra, good to see you back!!
Sorry to hear things have been so rough for you
Yep car is getting done...going to be near £1000 i think but if he will have these expensive toys what does he expect Lol
Got to fly, have to fetch dex to the vets for his blood tests....should have gone yesterday but they needed to give my appointment to somebody who needed their dog PTS
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Good morning Moyra, Griff and all who follow

Pleased to see you back Moyra take care of yourself. Not having heard from the agents I take it as a no. Nobody seems to have the curtesy to reply these days. A simple yes, no or no pets reply would have been nice.

As you say Griff expensive toys take money to repair but hope it is soon done and back on the road and your dad thanks you for all your hard working arranging it. Hope you are feeling better today. Fingers crossed for a good result for Dex.

Well done Mandy told you you would lose it once you were mobile again

Hope everyone is keeping well

Lovely day here today so gardening is on the agenda. Harvey, I found 3 raspberries on my bush they were delicious.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Moyraaaaa, you're back! lovely to see you. I hope things start to pick up for you now.

I expect you can guess what I'm doing today ..... a birthday lunch out, just me and him!

I hope you all have a good day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, griff, Nippy Jen and all who follow.
Good to see you back Moyra really hoping the living situation sorts itself for the better very soon.

Did you share your raspberries Sue ?
Hope the blood tests are good for Dex griff.
Happy birthday Nippy Jen. Have a lovely lunch out today with Brian.

Lovely sunny weather here. Gorden just gone off with my car for its mot. Fingers crossed it passes or whatever needs doing isn't expensive his needs doing before he goes back to work and there were advisories on that. I amy be picking him up if my car needs some repairs or he may be bringing it home whichever we are popping out for a while. Then the weekend will see us back doing some ore jobs in the house.
Better get on with the hoovering then.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2017, 11:21 AM
have a lovely cosy lunch Nippy xx
Sue, enjoy the gardening..i need to get on with the back, done half of it but just got so much going on at the moment
lynn...pass thoughts being sent your way!!
Dex had his blood tests done, bill was only £40 so i was mucho relieved Lol just need to call for results at 1pm, also one of the dogs has killed the kong so have to go buy another as i need them today
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Hello all
Good to see you back Moyra, sorry things have been bad for you
Hope Dex results are positive. Rosie has killed a kong before lol
Done 2 lots of washing, & tidied round. Had lunch so now am sitting here not doing much, although kitchen floor could do with washing- oh well
Lynn fingers firmly crossed that your car passes
Enjoy your birthday lunch NJ
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Evening everyone.
Mandy sounds like you deserve the rest.

Car is back but booked to go in next Tuesday to have a new ball joint only had the off side few months ago now nearside needs doing £221. Got car back as it is not due for mot till next week and the garage said they were happy for us to drive it not dangerous.
There will be an advisory to other side of something else we had done back in March some arm or other.
Hope Gorden's does turn out to expensive.

Been out to a garden centre got taken the long way we thought we were going to one we had been to previously but seems we didn't. Bit of a magical mystery tour.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Harvey, I found 3 raspberries on my bush they were delicious.
Well that's something, you know what to expect next year, I thought they were a good taste also.

As a gardener I thought this might make you laugh (or maybe not)

We have several mushroom farms around here, they get their basic supplies from the Newmarket racing stables, and when they've harvested the crop they sell it off as 'spent mushroom compost'

We generally buy one of those big cubic metre bags each year (They call them 'dumpy' bags around here)

When the guy with his little lorry had positioned it where we wanted it I paid him, and then offered the old bag from last year to take back. It was in good condition, clean, and had their name printed on the side.

"Oh no" he said "We are not allowed to re-use the bags, it's some EU directive" what the.................

I don't get it, we are told to put all our re-cyclibles in the blue bin, but a big empty canvas bag with name printed on which maybe costs £10 and they are not allowed to re-use it.

Crazy or what,
you've got to laugh or you would go do-lalley.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I expect you can guess what I'm doing today ..... a birthday lunch out, just me and him!
Hi Jenny, Happy Birthday, hope the lunch was nice, just the two of you, sometimes that's the best.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >