Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2017, 08:25 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 10th August

Good morning everyone

You looked as though you enjoyed your meal Nippy lovely photos.

So pleased they managed to source a diamond for your ring Lynn and that you enjoyed your day out. The cakes looked lovely.

Hope you manage to source a pickup for the car Griff and that it is repaired quickly.

Hope everyone not mentioned is keeping well

Well no significant rain yesterday or overnight so have just watered the veg. Washing out blowing nicely too. Think where we live is in a bubble as even Brighton had some rain just when my son didn't need it as he is repairing his back door step.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Morning Sue, we actually have some sunshine!!
Having a nightmare...the lad who picks up my cars is in Dubai...found this out after 3 phone calls...answer machine cut in so god know how much that's cost me lol. Then been calling the garage to see if they can recommend someone as i don't want to send car and keys off with an unrecommended source, had the plan of getting ready, calling a recovery service and accompanying the car....can't get an answer off the garage so no clue if they are open or not...what a PITA
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Ah now is this the BMW? You know Cain in Emmerdale is partial to BMW's bg!!
Hope you get it sorted griff. Nothing worse than a car out of action. Was sunny here but grey clouds looming so have brought in jeans. Pigs to get dry.
Bet the sun comes out now. Have a good rest of day peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Lol...my dad is also partial to BMW's...we have 2, dog mobile (the one with the fault) is a 530i msport the other a 3.0i z4 roadster. Got it sorted, a recovery truck is coming at 3pm, £66 so more expensive than Zaf but i can't see him coming back from Dubai for me Lol. I completely lost my temper with my dad..telling me oh, ask them to sign for the keys etc...bog off!! i am giving them the keys, watching they strap it on o.k and waving it bye bye Lol...i have a monsterous headache from all the phone calls, too'ing and fro'ing, got to town....couldn't remember a thing i wanted Lol...got my mums cousins Gin though so that's good as it's on offer
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Afternoon Sue, griff, brenda and all to follow.

Well would you believe the weather today dry with some sun.
Gorden cleaned the gutters earlier so I had to do the obligatory foot on the bottom rung.
Beth been in for coffee and returned key she had mislaid the original one she keeps and panicked incase she needed to get in to Dillon if we were held up.
Harvey the ring or diamond may well have antique value how old does something have to be to be an antique ?
Car in for mot tomorrow hope there is nothing to expensive wrong with it Gorden's needs sorting before he goes back to work in September.

griff glad the car is being picked up.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Afternoon all!
Pleasant and sunny here. And quiet. My dear wife is of on a jaunt with a friend, she of Great Dane fame, for three days.
Minus the dogs. So, I'm chief cook, bottle washer, and dog minder. Ours, Max, seems very subdued - missing the missus I think.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Having a nightmare...the lad who picks up my cars is in Dubai...found this out after 3 phone calls...answer machine cut in so god know how much that's cost me lol. Then been calling the garage to see if they can recommend someone as i don't want to send car and keys off with an unrecommended source, had the plan of getting ready, calling a recovery service and accompanying the car....can't get an answer off the garage so no clue if they are open or not...what a PITA
OMG I hate it when everything just doesn't click, definate PITA (Had to think about that one a bit )

Thing is Griff you're still young and can shrug these things off, when you get to my age they assume gigantic proportions and my blood pressure suffers

Thanks for the detail on the fan belts, I may well be the only one but I find your stories of garage life quite interesting. Never thought about sealant on the grooves of the belt, I suppose that's when the guy in the factory just got careless
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
So, I'm chief cook, bottle washer, and dog minder. Ours, Max, seems very subdued - missing the missus I think.
You have a Great Dane and Max for three days, that should be interesting
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey the ring or diamond may well have antique value how old does something have to be to be an antique ?
I may be completely wrong but I don't think there is a fixed time. OH watches the Antique Roadshow and I pick up bits, sometimes they have stuff that is only 20 or 30 years old.

Incidentally, in a past life Casey must have had an owner who watches that programme because as soon as the theme music starts he lifts his head and howls like a banshee and he won't stop until the music stops.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Good evening everyone, cannot sleep and I am not sure there is anything on the box worth watching. Like you Harvey I am always interested in Griff's information with regard to vehicles. I grew up watching my dad do lots of work on his cars and learnt at an early age you do not replace pistons on the old engines without having reground the propshaft first or replaced it also. Silly things like that you learn at an early age.
I am not getting anywhere with the property in Suffolk/Norfolk border. Halston. I phoned today and said I had left an e-mail and needed to know whether they would accept a 6 year old quiet Labrador and still no reply today. Now Steve tells me he is interested in going into property development with his old school friend who lives north of Colchester and could possibly move in with him so I could be looking for a place on my own with Amber. Nothing seems concrete anymore everything keeps changing and I haven't a clue where I stand. God, give me strength! Have a good evening all I am back to bed and hope I can find something to listen to on the radio. Love to all my friends hope you are all keeping ok. Goodnight, God bless.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >