Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Teazle doing a ceiling inspection
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Harvey...very important to keep your fluid intake up on hot days Lol...we'll have to get you a mini fridge Lol
Awwww Teazle, you look very good at inspecting ceilings
had the dogs out for a walk, there was a bit of a fight on the field...not my dogs thankfully...could you imagine, a staffy in a fight eeeekkk i would be outlawed Lol, it was some little dog and a collie, the little dog wouldn't do as it was told and kept going after the collie...who was well behaved, had enough in the end, told the little dog what for and there was screams out of the little one....the collie owner just got his dog and walked off, now i know it wasn't really his dogs fault but he didn't even ask if the dog was o.k... i think it is my mates little dog too that got bitten, he is autisitc and will be so upset if he is hurt
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
and kept going after the collie...who was well behaved, had enough in the end, told the little dog what for and there was screams out of the little one........................i think it is my mates little dog too that got bitten, he is autisitc and will be so upset if he is hurt
Yes there will be screams but did the collie break the skin ?

June & I have had many discussions about this and we both agree that a bigger dog can get it's jaws around a small dog but will only 'close' sufficient to inflict a punishment type pain. Little dog will scream of course but usually no serious damage.

I hope your autistic friend's dog is not hurt and has no wound.

Tell him what happened but also tell him that dogs have a different moral code to us humans and they might scream but they don't hold grudges.

I dispair about where humans are heading regarding physical contact, there are so many 'personal injury lawyers' about now who are ready to turn a simple accident into someones fault. Everything nowadays has to be 'someone else fault'

There was even a judge pontificating about what people should do to prevent a suicide, well sorry it's a horrible thing, of course, but no one can tell when someone will do it and this high and mighty judge certainly could not but it seems that did not stop him rabbiting on about it from the safety of his luxury mansion.

Ooops, going a bit 'off topic' here Rant over
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-08-2017, 08:27 PM
but he didn't even ask if the dog was o.k...
Yes, he should have checked that it was not injured.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Chris wasn't there thankfully...he would have been distraught , i will get told if the dog has been hurt though, i whacked kota straight on the lead lol...we aren't getting the blame for anything.
Sadly with suicide it is one of those things...sometimes if you are lucky you may be in the right place at the right time and be able to help somebody. I know Steve holds himself entirely responsible for his brothers death...nothing i say will change that...despite my best efforts
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Sadly with suicide it is one of those things...sometimes if you are lucky you may be in the right place at the right time and be able to help somebody.
A few years ago I was reading a book about the great depression (1930's) the author said that many people think that suicides increase in hard times but they don't.

The number is almost constant every year through out war, famine, financial troubles, and a whole lot of other things.

Yes, there are minor variations from year to year but basically (as you said) unless you are right next to that person, able to literally hold their hand, then there is nothing anyone can do.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-08-2017, 09:23 PM
OK Griffy dearest I'll have to leave now. Enjoy that beer (I know you've got a glass near you ) and anything on TV you maybe watching. SWMBO has been watching the athletics, sorry to say it bores me silly

Goodnight to everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2017, 10:59 PM
No booze tonight Harvey...being good, maybe Sunday. Eugghhh athletics, no ta lol
Night night
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2