Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Starfish Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-01-2015, 08:57 PM

Fifi, 1 year old teeny tiny crossbreed girlie

Fifi, 1 year old teeny tiny crossbreed girlie

Fifi is a real teeny tiny cutie – weighing just 4/5 kilos! Fifi and her two brothers were rescued by a local man in February 2014 when they were just 8 weeks old. They had not had human contact and were so timid that he had to use a trap to catch them to bring them into rescue. Fifi was living at a very busy multi-dog shelter – she loved running around in the garden with the other dogs, playing chase and could hold her own with them, but she struggled with the human contact side of things.

Fifi recently moved to a quiet foster home so that her trust with people can be developed further. She is living with two other female dog companions, Molly & Bella. She loves to play and often tries to get one of the girls to join in. She also loves her walks and is particularly attached to Molly. She will sit by the front door when she knows it’s ‘walkies’ time and once out and about she will wag her tail for all it’s worth! She is walked on an extender lead and has been off lead in very safe/rural areas, but she could be spooked and has bolted so her safety will be paramount when she is homed. A great deal of trust and confidence will need to be built before she can be an off lead dog, if at all.

Fifi also loves her food which will help with her training and progression. She is particularly partial to a piece of toast at breakfast time! She is also to be found sitting nearby in the kitchen whenever there is cooking underway. We think she has quickly mastered the food routines!

Fifi’s fosterers have started to take Fifi out in the car - she gets in and out and travels in the foot well. Her house-training is a work in progress and will need work.

She has also started to venture onto the sofa to join her fosterer and doggie foster friends and will curl up next to Molly and rest her head on her. When her fosterers have retired to the bedroom Fifi loves to secretly run up and down the sofa too!

Fifi has come a long way, but still has a long way to go before she completely relaxes and starts to enjoy life to the full. Fifi is extremely nervous of people and will need to go to a very caring, patient and loving home where she will be given time to find her feet and learn to trust. She is still extremely hand shy, shows no malice, but is just scared.

We are looking for a home with a dog friend for Fifi to bond with and take the lead from. A companionship home i.e. no-full time workers please and a fully secured garden.

Fifi is vaccinated, micro-chipped & spayed.

Do you think you are the special person/s Fifi needs to make her smile 24/7? If so, please contact Starfish Dog Rescue via email to: starfishdogrescue@hotmail.co.uk

Please note that any potential home will be subject to home check.
Starfish Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-01-2015, 06:41 PM
An update from Fifi:

"Hello Everyone Fifi here! I'm getting much more confident every day now. I even played a funny game with Aunty the other day. She pretended she was going to chase me down the stairs, I ran down them barking all the way, then I went back to see where she was and so it went on. It was good fun. Auntie say my cheeky side is starting to show itself!

Guess what happened today .... Molly, Bella & I had a bath! I had mine in the kitchen as I'm only small. I coped really well with it & Aunty dried me with a towel. Then Bella & I went to dry off a bit more on the sunbed upstairs. Then I had my coat brushed a little bit.

I think I am putting on a bit of weight , Aunty said they might weigh me tomorrow. Speak again soon".

Fifi weighed in at 3.7 kgs!

Here she is after her bath and drying off on the sun bed ...

Fifi with her foster sister ...

Fifi is still available for adoption. Do you think you are the special person/s Fifi needs to make her smile 24/7? If so, please contact Starfish Dog Rescue via email to: starfishdogrescue@hotmail.co.uk
Starfish Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-03-2015, 06:05 AM
Fifi is still available for adoption!
JTVN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Hope you get your forever home soon Fifi
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Has Fifi featured on TV? I'm sure I have seen her. She looks lovely but I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair on my dog to have her. I hope you find her a home soon, please let us know.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2015, 06:47 PM
Oh, isn't she cute? Her teeth give me a giggle.
Starfish Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-03-2015, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post
Has Fifi featured on TV? I'm sure I have seen her. She looks lovely but I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair on my dog to have her. I hope you find her a home soon, please let us know.
No she hasn't - she must have a lookalike!

Fifi is still available for adoption.