Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny
i dont kno who paul ogrady is, i dont watch much tv
but jus like to say that putting knickers on a bitch in season will not stop a dog from tying with her. just a thought anyway

Hi Jenny, do you remember Lily Savage - well Paul O'Grady is Lily Savage with out the clothes and makeup He has a show on ITV1 about 5 o'clock I think - although I'm not sure because I don't watch it either
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Roxy:If its true and Olga is pregnant, well even the best of us can have mistakes with dogs. It doesnt mean hes a bad owner. If its true well im sure he will deal with it in a responsible manner. ITS TV FOR GODSAKE its how he makes his money being funny and flippant.
I hear what your saying Roxy and this country has gone too politically correct at the moment for my liking. The trouble with making off the cuff remarks about an 8 month old rescue dog getting pregnant is that some of the idiots watching his show will believe it's ok for this to happen. Accidents happen and that's far enough but with the amount of unwanted puppies and dogs being destroyed each year it is not quite the same as making a joke about Blondes or Gays; We don't put them to sleep.

People in the public eye should think before making certain "jokes" as a huge doglover I find the amount of abused and unwanted dogs very sad indeed, oversensitive maybe? Paul may be in a position to deal with the situation sensibly many others out there who may follow his lead (and people do) however are not.
crazy daisy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Well said Roxy

a bit of common sense, Paul O ,Grady obviously cares greatly for his dogs.
and if you watch him regularly you'll see the nudge, nudge, wink, wink is his type of humour, just out of curiosity wouldn't a young bitch in the wild be mated on its first season?.
Daisy
:smt002
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 08:59 PM
In the wild the Alpha bitch only has seasons 99.999999999999% of the time & the lower & younger bitches rarely into season so that only the Alpha bitch has puppies It is very rare to find more than one litter a year in wild dog & Wolf packs

However the domestic dog is mile from the wild version & of course many live in single bitch households any way
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Daisy: a bit of common sense, Paul O ,Grady obviously cares greatly for his dogs.
I don't recall anyone doubting Mr O'Grady's ability as an owner in fact I stated this in an earlier post. My point is there are thousands of people on this planet WITH NO COMMON SENSE WHATSOEVER. I meet several dogowners each day who just don't have a clue. Now if the world was full of people with common sense remarks such as the one he made wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunatley people in the public eye have to be careful what they say as quite a few people out there listen and copy everything they say and do.

A very sad state of affairs I know but there are a lot of uneducated idiots out there.
crazy daisy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by jake
I don't recall anyone doubting Mr O'Grady's ability as an owner in fact I stated this in an earlier post. My point is there are thousands of people on this planet WITH NO COMMON SENSE WHATSOEVER. I meet several dogowners each day who just don't have a clue. Now if the world was full of people with common sense remarks such as the one he made wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunatley people in the public eye have to be careful what they say as quite a few people out there listen and copy everything they say and do.

A very sad state of affairs I know but there are a lot of uneducated idiots out there.
Hi Jake
You are quite right about the morons out there, but there are also millions of well adjusted contented dog owners with happy dogs with good homes. Should they/we have our lives censored because of the minority. Having worked with dogs in the media my guess would be that Paul’s dogs spots are there under sufferance of the production company and if he became completely PC then he might lose the dog spots or even his job.
Only my opinion and we're all entitled to that.
Daisy
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Jake as you say there are people out there who will breed their dogs at unsuitable ages and with no thought for where the puppies are really going BUT I dont think because Paul MAY or MAY NOT have ACCIDENTLY let Olga get Pregnant will affect anyones way of thinking. If I thought that Paul had done it purposefully then yes I would agree with you this would be an outrage and a bad example.

Im absolutely certain that if Olga is pregnant that Paul will be mortified and will make the appropriate remarks of the stupidity of it.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Daisy:Having worked with dogs in the media my guess would be that Paul’s dogs spots are there under sufferance of the production company and if he became completely PC then he might lose the dog spots or even his job.
I'm afraid you've lost me rather! I have no objection whatsoever to Pauls dogs being on set. I work in TV myself as a director to actors and I sometimes bring my own little dog to work. I know how well cared for they are backstage My only grievance was a flippant remark Joking about a young dogs pregnancy which he made two days in a row. I feel passionatley against this as I have allways owned rescue dogs myself and as Dibley said there are too many abused and unwanted puppies put to sleep.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion! I allways respect other peoples points of view the world as we know is never Black or White
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Roxy:Jake as you say there are people out there who will breed their dogs at unsuitable ages and with no thought for where the puppies are really going BUT I dont think because Paul MAY or MAY NOT have ACCIDENTLY let Olga get Pregnant will affect anyones way of thinking. If I thought that Paul had done it purposefully then yes I would agree with you this would be an outrage and a bad example.Im absolutely certain that if Olga is pregnant that Paul will be mortified and will make the appropriate remarks of the stupidity of it.
I hope your right Roxy! I just have got rather cynical and doubtfull as to the mentallity of some of the British viewing public in my old age You should see some of the letters the actors recieve. I seriously hope your right though. As I said before if we all had the rapidly diminishing skill of common sense there wouldn't be a problem!
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi Carazy Daisy love the name by the way I think I can see the point your making about the so-called 'nanny state' etc which in itself is a whole new debate. As I understand it Jake's original concern are members of the british public that copy everything a celebrity does and believe it or not there are lots of them out there! Celebrities and people in the public eye are paid more than the rest of us for good reason. They do have to be careful what they say as there are groups out there that hang on to their every word: sad isn't it! Maybe it's because the majority of us don't have churches running our communities and celebrity's are the new God? I don't know? You are more than entitled to your own opinion and everyone on here values it! Reading through a few of the debate threads recently you may not believe that but it's true! What a boring world it would be if we all thought the same.

Roxy: I know a lady with your volume of common sense would find it hard to believe that people such as those Jake are referring to exist. I never thought they existed until I worked as a teacher and met some of the parents Their lack of common sense beggars belief in fact I could write a book on them! I do however hope your right.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »