View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 02:09 PM
S*d that TW...i am not paying the bill Lol no way!! i got the part sorted and the mechanic and have given up meeting my cousin and am stuck in the house tomorrow too...except i rebooked my blood test for this afternoon to accommodate the mechanic...phone call...no phlebotomist this afternoon...why did it let me book it??!!! had to rebook it tomorrow and will have to leave the guy here to do the car and hope i get back before he is done...should only take me about 40 mins. True to form, called my dad about 6 times no answer, can't go wednesday as it's chemo...can't go thursday as i am having that stuff done to my foot and i will be off my feet for a few days...ahhhhhhhh
pleased the girls had a good soak in the river, would love to take my 2 but it is too far for me to walk there and back once..let alone twice and i wouldn't put my pair of gremlins in the river together, have just popped them under a cold shower...nightmare!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Just brought the washing in and the temp was reading 33 in the shade.
I now the weather person said this morning it was going to reach 33 in the s/e so goodness knows what it is there if it's 33 in Norfolk.

Mandy glad you're back from shopping and enjoying a cold drink.
June the poor dog beggars belief why people still do it. To have your dog collapse at any time would be distressing but because you have inflicted it is disgraceful.
Not sure where you got the energy to do the bits in the garden you have done.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 03:36 PM
If i am taking mine out, and it's hot, it is literally a quick walk for their business and i always put a cold shower on them before we go and we stay in the shade...mine haven't been out for the last 2 days as it is soooo hot and by the time i am up and ready to go it is blooming hot, just not worth the risk, we have a garden and they can make do with that. I used to worry about Max being taken out at mid day as he was a long coated GSD...he was always fine but i used to beg Steve not to take them out but Molly wouldn't wee in the garden and when he was doing a split shift there is no way on this earth the dog could hang on so they had to go...used to wait to hear they had got back fine though. Kota will be lobbed in the shower at about 6, harness on around 6.15, quick walk up to the woods and through and home will be about 10 mins total and then off to training...had to put them both in the shower at 12.30 last night as despite the fans being on it was just too warm for them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Can't shower Dillon even if he did like it tried hosing him down once he kept running away.
Impossible to lift him into the bath to shower now he is adult size.
If he seems hot he gets a cold wet towel draped over him. He likes to lay under the shade we have and when it gets to hot he comes and hogs the fans.
The other worry is there paws if the pavements and roads are to hot it burns their pads.
I shall probably be up early enough tomorrow to walk him at around 5.30 6.00 am. If it to hot he will have a second day in the garden and games. Till he decides it's time to settle down.
Have a feeling I am going to be dozing on the sofa again all night or at least 2.30. 3.00 when the house has cooled down hopefully. Will keep the back doors open till it cools.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2017, 05:54 PM
A little tail from roday that might amuse.....
A delivery. I went to the door and, as usual, Max goes with me. The delivery guy was clearly terrified.
"Please get your dog under control."
Eh, what?
Don't knw what got into me....
My sense of humour maybe.........
So I grabbed Max in a strangle hold and wrestled him to the floor.
His reaction...........
He rolled over to get his tummy scratched..
I don't think the delivery guy was very amused.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Ha ha bet that was a sight to behold.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Had too much of this heat. fans going all round the lounge and Steve's room think I need one on in here. I am about to collapse for the night, take care all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Dug the rest of the beds outside. Compost in the pots, fertilizer in and then the hose out and the whole garden hosed down. All I have to do tomorrow is plant whats in the back, then I will know what else I need, and some bags of compost obviously, all used up now. Had a lie down upstairs with a fan on me, shower and hair wash, more painkillers when I have my tea. Have now done all the hard stuff thank goodness.
Had to laugh at Lona before, they all had a semi frozen chicken carcass for tea, I checked the beds and they were clean, so got on with the garden. Attached the big hose to the yard hose, did all that. Went into the back to put everything back etc and Lona's lay outside and gave me A Look. Checked the beds and yes someone has done something, she is not best pleased and won't go in until I have cleaned up How Very Dare They. I leave a pile of shavings that I've swept up by the bins and everyone uses that and I clean it up. As I'd cleaned there at tea time, there was nowhere but the Big House to use, or Kesh's place, and thats rare actually.
Got the girls veg done, mopped the river off the kitchen floor, hoovered it now its dried, and Thank You God I can sit down
Have a good night at training Griff, hope it isn't too warm in there
Moyra keep nice and cool with all those fans, its better having a lie down and let it waft over you.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ha ha bet that was a sight to behold.
Dunno how he puts up with me. But he does.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
mine haven't been out for the last 2 days as it is soooo hot and by the time i am up and ready to go it is blooming hot, just not worth the risk, we have a garden and they can make do with that.
We went out early today, luckily at Knettishal there is a big area completely under trees and shady plus there is the river, Lara went in, Casey had a big drink, then on the way back Lara found another place where she could have a dip so in she went for a second time

But I shortened the walk quite a bit. I have to be sure that Casey doesn't over do it. Problem is that he loves his walks and he doesn't know he has a heart condition even if he did know I think he would still want to go
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >