Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dujoiedevie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
"Hmmm," he must have thought. "This could be lucrative."

So today the post came and he pointedly ignored it, then when I rewarded him with only praise, he ran to the fridge where his treats are kept!

Clever boy, eh?

One of my old dogs, who lived a while in England, reacted english words "good boy" running straight to the closet we kept pig ears (dried) Same in finnish and nothing happened.

But with your example we can see, how well our dogs can train us! Clever boy!

J
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dujoiedevie View Post
This just keeps getting better and better. What is your first language? Far-Hinkustan?

I really give up now. Koska en ole moista typeryyttä nähnyt sitten hölmöläisten. That was finnish and can not be translated.

J
For all the sense you are making I think you might as well be speaking finnish.
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi all I agree that training is the important issue as long as it is reward training. I am training my Gem (retriever)at the moment and I dont know what the correct termonoligy for my method is called ( hit and miss)but after what I have read it is a bit of both, which ever work is right for me.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I rarely post on training/behaviour threads these days, mainly for the reasons outlined by GSDLover but I have followed this one with interest.

I'd just like to thank you Jenni for your very interesting posts. I have certainly learned from you
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dujoiedevie View Post

One of my old dogs, who lived a while in England, reacted english words "good boy" running straight to the closet we kept pig ears (dried) Same in finnish and nothing happened.

But with your example we can see, how well our dogs can train us! Clever boy!

J
So he wasn't bilingual?

Yep, he's a highly accomplished human trainer AND behaviourist.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I actually said no offence, and have no intention of arguing with anyone, all I have tried to do is get some clarification. I now give up any hope that it may be forthcoming.
awe trouble your never nasty, stick with what works for you, when it comes right down to it so long as you and your dog is happy and well behaved then all is well
and imo dogs can be trained to a high level with food and stuff, I imo have got there with royce with food as he is all rott and toys dont do too much for him hes rulled by his tummy and loves a cuddle.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Why sorry? I don't recall Jenni, or anyone else for that matter, ever stating that by doing one thing, another thing can't be done.

I've said it before, but I can't help saying it again. I really have never known an area of life so closed-minded and blinkered as the dog training area. Really, why is there such a "them and us" mentality?

I can't help thinking, from posts already made, that many people now want Jenni to expand purely so they can say "Oh, well, I've done that for years" anyway, as though there's a trophy to be had for so doing.

Clearly, English isn't Jenni's first language, and I dare wager that some things have indeed been lost in translation, but for goodness sakes, must anyone who says something out of the ordinary be jumped on by the Dogsey wolf-pack and with such mindless ferocity and determination?

Just an idea but why not try, as I did, PMing Jenni, so you can get a clearer explanation where she isn't feeling bullied and cajoled by those who really have little or no right to be so condescending or self-righteous in the first place!
dear dear dear my post was not meant to offend just put a point in that you can gain a high standerd of training with food clicker and a good old pat
sorry if that has upset peeps but its how i done it, and i dont think im closed minded or any thing else for that matter I have found the thread intresting nor have i bullied her or been condescending of self righteouse,
Meg
Supervisor

17-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
dear dear dear my post was not meant to offend just put a point in that you can gain a high standerd of training with food clicker and a good old pat
sorry if that has upset peeps but its how i done it, and i dont think im closed minded or any thing else for that matter I have found the thread intresting nor have i bullied her or been condescending of self righteouse,
Not at all Dougie I can't see why anyone should be offended. Most of us agreed that it is advisable to choose a method of training best suited to ones own dogs which is exactly what you did and I fail to see anything wrong with that at all .
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2006, 10:42 PM
short video of royce will get better and put it on,
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...eoroyce001.flv
<embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s133.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/shona2399/videoroyce001.flv"></embed>
Meg
Supervisor

18-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Very good Shona lovely to see both of you..
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 >