Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 06:03 AM

Good morning everyone - Christmas Eve!

Morning all,

Good grief, what an awful day I had yesterday. I was up all night with the squitty gingers – I think I had about an hour’s sleep, finally giving up at 4am.

Baz set off to work on the bike, hit a patch of black ice and came off.

When he called to tell me, I just fell apart – I think it was more lack of sleep than shock.

Fortunately, nothing is broken, but he has hurt his right side from shoulder to calf. It’s going to be a few pretty colours, that’s for sure.

Damage to the bike isn’t too bad – indicator broken, throttle lever damaged, minimal scratches to the faring.

Of course the most important thing is that he is ok. I only managed two hours at work and then came home to hug him and catch up on sleep.

Today HAS to be better....... and with any luck I’ll knock off work early.

Have a great Christmas Eve, everyone, and stay safe (I mean it!).

Today's gem:
A tear shed can say more than a hundred words spoken.

Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all! What a rubbish day to have had Vicki, poor Baz must be achy today, extra Ginger squissys needed IMO for sure . Work as normal today but only til 5:30 rather than 7 as I've been finishing all week, i refuse to let it get to me though as it's now officially Christmas!!! Have a wicked day all, it's icy out there so have a safe day too!x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Morning Cuz xxxx

Hugs to Baz glad he's OK and hugs to you too.
Must of been a day for it yesterday, I was in the car with my friend and FS coming back from the stables, we were in a line of traffic at the lights when BANG, someone hit us up the back.
All OK except the car with a cracked bumper, but we did feel sorry for the guy as his little girl took his eyes off the road as she felt ill, still no-one hurt.

Have a great Christmas Eve love and same to everyone on Dogsey................stay safe folks xxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all! What a rubbish day to have had Vicki, poor Baz must be achy today, extra Ginger squissys needed IMO for sure . Work as normal today but only til 5:30 rather than 7 as I've been finishing all week, i refuse to let it get to me though as it's now officially Christmas!!! Have a wicked day all, it's icy out there so have a safe day too!x
Morning Jessi - thanks hon. I hope to finish early today too!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Cuz xxxx

Hugs to Baz glad he's OK and hugs to you too.
Must of been a day for it yesterday, I was in the car with my friend and FS coming back from the stables, we were in a line of traffic at the lights when BANG, someone hit us up the back.
All OK except the car with a cracked bumper, but we did feel sorry for the guy as his little girl took his eyes off the road as she felt ill, still no-one hurt.

Have a great Christmas Eve love and same to everyone on Dogsey................stay safe folks xxxxxx
Morning Steph - pleased you were all ok. It's the weather for it, sadly x

Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Morning...dont hug him to hard if hes bruised.. remember the thing about today is dont panic ....
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all, missed you all the last couple of mornings, as haven't been well (must be christmas) Vicki glad Baz is ok, and glad he's now off to recover.

Have a great Christmas eve everyone, and stay safe
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Morning...dont hug him to hard if hes bruised.. remember the thing about today is dont panic ....
Morning Murf - I won't....

Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all, missed you all the last couple of mornings, as haven't been well (must be christmas) Vicki glad Baz is ok, and glad he's now off to recover.

Have a great Christmas eve everyone, and stay safe
Morning Liz - pleased you're better hon x

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Morning vicki and all,
I'm glad baz is ok Vicki and I hope the gingers are feeling better now. Steph glad your ok too.
I dropped Charly into work in town at 6am this morning and then went to Tesco, it was fairly pleasent in tesco for once.
I'm taking an elderly lady I know for her hospital appointment this morning and then another greyhound person is coming over this afternoon with her 2 hounds and we are going for a walk with them and Kyiro to try and perk kyiro up a bit, we thought some company of his own kind may help his depression.
Have a good day everyone and please take care.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning vicki and all,
I'm glad baz is ok Vicki and I hope the gingers are feeling better now. Steph glad your ok too.
I dropped Charly into work in town at 6am this morning and then went to Tesco, it was fairly pleasent in tesco for once.
I'm taking an elderly lady I know for her hospital appointment this morning and then another greyhound person is coming over this afternoon with her 2 hounds and we are going for a walk with them and Kyiro to try and perk kyiro up a bit, we thought some company of his own kind may help his depression.
Have a good day everyone and please take care.
Morning Bev - big hugs for Kyiro xxx

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Hope Baz is ok today and that the squitty gingers have settled. Fingers crossed you get an early finish and can put your feet up and relax tonight.

I'm working from home again today and apparently we have to cover til 4 but I can't see that happening frankly. They'll suspend flexi time around lunchtime and I bet there will be a riot to leave the buildings about then.
Thankfully, I can just leave the laptop switched on and see when and if a call comes through. I could get used to this working at home malarky LOL

Have a lovely Christmas Eve all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >