View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 03:59 PM

Late entry... do you think they would except?

Has anyone ever got anywhere by ringing up the secretary of a champ show that’s closing date has already gone and seeing if they will do a late entry? Im asking because we have two puppies and we have one of them (Dougal) in part ownership with our friends who bred them. We wanted to take them to border union in kelso but we couldn’t go so we said that the breeders could take Dougal so they entered him. Now we can go but our bitch isn’t entered. Do you think that it is worth ringing the secretary and asking if he would do a late entry? And what do you think I should say? I would be really grateful if you could help as I so want to show my bitch!!

sarah xxxx
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
When was the closing date?

I know some of the smaller Open shows will allow an entry a few days late if you ask them but not sure with a big champ show as they have so many entries and need to get the scheds off to printers fairly handy

Its worth ringing the secretary up though and seeing- after all he can only say no
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
The worst thing that can happen is that you get told "no", so I suppose it's worth a try. Most organisations (not just dog show societies) do tend to take the attitude that a date is a date, though - so be prepared for a negative response!

Snorri
:smt102
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Give it a go, will depend how late I reckon, and how much they need the money
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes..but depends on the Hon Sec some are very good and prepared to take entries right up until the shedule goes to print so try asking
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
The closing date was the 25th so i dont think that they will except. What would you say if you rung up? Any good sob stories that i could say to try and get them to accept me?

sarah xxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi DD No sob story's they have heard it all
Just be very polite and say you are terribly sorry to contact them so late and is there any chance at all of making a late entry.
Good luck..
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh and I was planning on my big story and bursting in to tears on the end of the phone and saying how I was a useless pet owner and how my poor girl will miss out on her big ring debut!!!

But I suppose I will take you advice and be terrible polite

Thanks mini

Sarah xxxx
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't even phone I would just send it off but make sure you date your cheque the closing date and also put the closing date on the schedule.
They will always return it if they think it is too late.
I was a week late for an open show and just sent it off, I made the mistake of putting the proper date on. But the secretary rang me and said she would except the schedule but could I send another with the closing date on as they get into trouble if they accept a schedule with a late date. I told her I was originally going to contact her to see if it was ok to send it late, and she said it's best to just send it off and not to ring.

Mitch
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
As said by a champ show secretary (a champshow that normally has a good entry aswell) "Is it worth the price of a 1st class stamp? As thats all it will cost to send it!" Well she said something along those lines!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >