Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:13 PM

*might* be getting a new car

depending if i go uni this year (even if i go next year - im still getting one just ahve 2 wait a year)

i love the ford fiesta - but i have my little dog to consider

need soemthing practical but smart - im still a teenager so insurance - i get hammered lol

i think 1.6 max in engine size, price - 5/6 grand tops

the cars i like so far

kia rio - practial and only 1.3
ford fiesta - not that big but engine 1.4
mini - love it but stupidly expensive to buy and unpractical

any suggestions???
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't normally like tiny cars..... until I got my courtesy car.

Its one of these... http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/u...site/main.html

A Seat Ibiza, and I'd quite happily keep it! Don't know what the earlier models are like but it has made us think about changing our cars.

As a teen I'd go for cheapest insurance, easiest to get fixed, and best mpg, so fords, corsa's etc.
Don't push it with you first car, start simple and clock up the no claims.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 09:04 AM
sorry i should have said - i ve been driving for 2 years in november - my insurance is upf for renewal in sept (i got my corsa in august and started learning init)

i have 2 years no claims in september as well - so my insurance has gone from 1000 quid to 438 quid -i know its going to go back up again but i do need a bigger and slightly faster car

i forgot to add - i also love the vauxhall astra!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2007, 09:10 AM
My daughter has got the 1.6 16v Fiesta and she loves it to death, plus its got enough room in the back to ft one of our Dobes in.

Have fun.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
sorry i should have said - i ve been driving for 2 years in november - my insurance is upf for renewal in sept (i got my corsa in august and started learning init)

i have 2 years no claims in september as well - so my insurance has gone from 1000 quid to 438 quid -i know its going to go back up again but i do need a bigger and slightly faster car

i forgot to add - i also love the vauxhall astra!
good motors, vauxhall ! the engines last for ever. i covered 200,000 mls in one of the vauxhall's i had, and it was a petrol engine, not a diesel.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
good motors, vauxhall ! the engines last for ever. i covered 200,000 mls in one of the vauxhall's i had, and it was a petrol engine, not a diesel.
The best Vauxhall I have ever owned was the Senator B, which I had in 1990. It had the 12-valve 3.0 L engine which generating 204 bhp, CD version boasted adjustable suspension, air conditioning, heated seats, trip-computer and cruise control, 5-speed manual gearbox and leather seats and it went like a rocket.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Peugeot 206 and 306 have varying engine sizes plus they are generally low insurance classes. Also you can pick them up fairly cheaply and there is ample room for a small/medium sized dog in the boot.