View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 05:55 PM
just one? Have you thought about getting her a friend or two? rats hate to be alone

xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 06:31 PM
I've always wanted some rats, but I was never allowed any, only a mouse (and begrudgingly by my mum as she hates rodents!).

Now I fear I have too many cats for happy ratties!

They are lovely though, nice colours although I prefer something a bit more piebald (I don't know what the term would be in rats!).
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:27 PM
piebald? we don't really have any piebald rats... the closest I can think would be variegated

http://www.nfrs.org/images/honours/RRMP.jpg

xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
piebald? we don't really have any piebald rats... the closest I can think would be variegated

http://www.nfrs.org/images/honours/RRMP.jpg

xx
I'm only good at dog colours, and I can just about manage cat colours, anything else i'm stumped! You know what I mean, white with coloured patches? Link won't work.

What sex in your opinion make better pets? Do they squabble if the same sex are kept together?
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 10:50 PM
i couldn't live without either sex if i'm honest. both are wonderful in their own ways. boys are more cuddley and squishy, girls are more active and fun... both are wonderful. They don't really squabble that much - you do get the odd bit of bickering, but really nothing much! nothing worth keepign them alone for - they are far too much of a 'pack' animal for that!

xx
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 10:51 PM
the link should work... not sure why not... try again? if not, have a google for variegated rat

xx
joanzie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2007, 03:58 PM
hi zoundz ...we where going to get two rats but when we went back to the pet shop there was one wee lonely one herself and she was very cute, so i couldnt say no but we where going to get another female a few months later but the guy in the pet shop said they would probably fight ? but i must say yours are stunning little baby rats
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 04:08 PM
they won't fight. you really shuold get her a couple of little baby friends. none of my rats live alone, i can't stand seeing them alone! You would need to get a pair of babies as friends, because it's not nice for the baby if it goes in to new territory alone.
and this is yet another reason I hate and loathe petshops and the nonsense they spew about rats. I've yet to meet a petshop assistant or owner who knows anythign at all about rats. I wish more people would look into responsible breeders, and not buy from petshops After all, no-one would buy a dog from a petshop i would hope...

sorry rant over!

xx
joanzie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2007, 04:27 PM
yeah i know what you mean , taz was our 1st rat and we should have looked into it more and i was told she was male from the petshop too and later i spoke to a guy who used to breed rats and he said the same too that there better in twos , ours is a albino and champagne with ruby eyes
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3