Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:17 PM

A bit pleased

Why I here you ask, well here goes.

I've always been quite a creative person, and this manafests itself in sculptures/models generaly made from blutack or similar. Anyway I'm currently working on a project with a local charity and one of the people we're working with happens to have good contacts with people within the animation industry, Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks etc, and for those of you with kids that like bob the builder, he knows one of the guys who animates for that.

Anyway Doug, the guy the charity and I are working with has just been on a trip to america, where he met amongst others, a guy who I believe is a paliantologist, (and I can't spell that lol) who works with people from the formentioned companies on the movement etc of the animals they want to create and animate, along with one of the top animators from disney whose worked on everything from Aladin and the lion king, to finding nemo and bolt, for anyone whose seen those.

Doug had taken some photoes of some of the creatures I'd created, and decided to show them to these people, and then recorded their reactions to them.

To say I was surprized by their reactions would be an understatement. The animator from Disney stated that I had an obvious tallent, and that he was definately impressed, and the paleantologist guy stated that they were as good as any he'd seen created by the people he worked with, along with commenting that if I was in his area, he'd want me to teach his son's to sculpt like that....That was before Doug decided to tell them that I was infact registered blind, to which they were apparently astonished, their words, not mine.

Good thing it was a recording, cos I don't know what I'd have said if I was actually speeking with them, I'm not used to such compliments.

Now I've been ordered lol to create a triceratops, along with having to finish off this random humanoid/demon looking thing, (it hasn't got a name yet) I started earlier, so I'd better go and get on with it.

Anyway, apologies for rambling on, just thought I'd share my good mood.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Well done to you! And take in any compliment you get, everyone deserves compliments
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks.

Think one of them is coming over to the uk next year, so should be fun.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Awesome! Well done you! So pleased for you! And how exciting that you may get to let them see your work in person next year! Wow...

Sarah xoxox
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Well done you!

x0x
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Here's 2 of the creatures they got to see.
Though these are my own pics, not the ones they saw of them.

Something simple.

Not quite your average cat.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Something a bit more complex.

Wingless dragon
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

These along with a few others I'm working on, will be on display next week, along with me making some on the day/s and hopefully amongst everything else I'll be doing, I'll have time to help people create their own themselves, if they want to try.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 01:48 PM
They're excellent, you have a real talent. Is really exciting about the film folk too, good luck with it all
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks.

The random humanoid/demon looking thing, aka ugly personified, has been completed. Will post a couple of pics on another thread.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 07:30 PM
wow they are brilliant, you are very talented