View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-02-2006, 04:56 PM
couldnt have put it better myself Sandra, im gonna b so interested to see wot people will say when we get KC recognition.. how shocked people would b if only they knew how close to it we are.
Maybe theres alot of jealousy about? i think maybe so.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by micki
I take offence due to being NI owner myself. i own both pedigree and cross breeds. The NI is no longer a cross breed as it is breeding true. Most breeds are the result of selective crossing anyway so wots the point ur making i wonder?
Sorry I can't agree that they are breeding true, have looked a dozens of photos and they clearly are not. They may be delightful, the perfect pet, but they are not breeding true. In time they may and that is fine but I still do not understand your comments to me, they are a crossbreed and none the worse for that.

If you really consider that they are now breeding to a type perhaps you would be kind enough to describe to me in the sort of terms used in a breed standard just what the 'breed' should be in looks, conformation and temperament.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I agree with Jackie ...have spent quite a lot of time looking at the various NI websites ..some of the dogs are indeed lovely but there is no way I would describe them as breeding true. Just my opinion though

I would be interested as to why you think people would be jealous though ...jealous of what exactly?
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Would u ask the same questions to a GSD owner about their breed? i also happen to own a GSD who looks nothing like my friends GSD, both being pedigree... now work that one out.. [mod edit: personal comment removed: please read our TOU]
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 05:08 PM
No, why would I be jealous, if I wanted a NI I would buy one, such comments are total nonsense. If and when they breed true I will be one of the first to say well done, and if the KC recognised the I will say now you are a recognised breed a proper check can be kept on the health at that is what all of us involved in dogs are interested in. It could be that those who put photos on the net of their NI dogs do not have good examples, but they do the ‘breed’ no favours, as they do not show breed type at all.
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 05:09 PM
thordell i will ask someone to email a copy of are standard,i can assure you we do have a type and if you look at my pictures in [your dogs pictures] of zuni and her pups you can see all te pups are the same.we may have started off asa cross breed like most other breeds of dogs,but i think 18 years of breeding dictates a type and a breed
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by micki
Would u ask the same questions to a GSD owner about their breed? i also happen to own a GSD who looks nothing like my friends GSD, both being pedigree... now work that one out.. u are not a NI owner so the comments u are making are uneducated.
Sorry Micki your point is what exactly? That there are loads of poor quality examples of recognised breed about, if so I would agree, all to do with breeding for reasons other than the welfare of the breed
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 05:13 PM
thordell i know you live in lincolnshire,well if your ever over in the newark area i would welcome you to come and meet my pack,im sure then you will agree they are a type
micki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Thordell can u explain why my GSD looks so different to my friends? different back, different coat length?.. Maybe GSD's dont breed true eh?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham
thordell i will ask someone to email a copy of are standard,i can assure you we do have a type and if you look at my pictures in [your dogs pictures] of zuni and her pups you can see all te pups are the same.we may have started off asa cross breed like most other breeds of dogs,but i think 18 years of breeding dictates a type and a breed
I am sure you are breeding to type but you are not alone in breeding and if you look at all the sites owned by NI people you would see where I get the idea that they are not yet breeding to type. I have no axe to grind but before you can say they are a breed they must look like one another no matter who breeds them and I think if you look at the many photos available on the net you will understand my doubts, it is not colour or coat type but construction that is so very different, just look at the ears and hind angualation for a start and I am sure you will understand where I am coming from.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »