View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2006, 10:25 PM
As long as you do it right it shouldn't be uncomfortable for the dog,none of my customers seem to mind!There are certain areas that are too sensitive to hand strip so you would either thin with thinning scissors or clip these areas.
Elmotronic
New Member!
Female 

22-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys! I think I will get him hand stripped. Have found a shop near by to me. The lady who runs it seemed very friendly and knew what she was tallking about.

I am not sure about getting him done though? I know that this can effect his coat and don't want that to happen. Although I might be getting him a friend in a few months and wanted a girl westie and do not want to breed them. So I will have to do something. What do you think?

Gem x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by metz View Post
doesnt it hurt the dog sounds a bit sore
I know it sounds evil doesn't it!

But I stripped my Terrier cross for the first time last year and am beginning to strip parts of my English Springer and they don't feel a thing if you do it right.

They look fab afterwards too!
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 06:55 AM
thats good id hate to think it hurt them i feel a bit better now
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 02:03 AM
i hand stripped my welshie for the first time last on Friday he feel asleep whilst i was doing it. Dreaded it as usually we thinner show dogs but was too hairy thought it would hurt him
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
i hand stripped my welshie for the first time last on Friday he feel asleep whilst i was doing it. Dreaded it as usually we thinner show dogs but was too hairy thought it would hurt him
Hi, could I ask what you used (if anything) and where you got your equipment from?
I think Isla will need a bit of stripping here or there, but I'm not sure what to get?

Cheers x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2