Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Parker Likess to lick Eyes, human Eyes or anything with Eyes really

When he meets a new Dog he will straight away sniff at its eyes (not the back end like normal Dogs)if he likes the Dog he will start licking its eyes if not he runs off growling
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post

Do you think SBT's are notorious lickers? Georgie is forever coming up to me licking the backs of my hands- yuk - I hate it!
Oh yes! Staffy kisses! I Don't like Greg to lick my face but hes always licking my hands etc. (This leads to me washing them a million times a day!)
Every staffy iv ever met has been a big kisser!
Mine kisses people and other dogs, particularly his favourite Girlfriend doggy in the park, he would kiss he for hours!
I think it shows what friendly dogs they are, Would not be anygood as a guard dog though, he would just kiss ya to death!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Well Kody not SBT but NI loves to give 'kisses' really rough ones too, imagine a baby cow or something trying to get milk from it's mum, imagine the quite strong head butt / nudge type movement they give, that is Kody's head when he gives his over enthusiastic 'kisses'...lol...His tongue is like a cats tongue too, a little like sandpaper, so at least he isn't all slobbery...lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi Teenytiny,
As Minihaha has said, all dogs lick (Some more than others of course)

We have two Newfies and I can assure you that you've never been kissed 'till you have a Newfie give you a big smackeroo, starting at your chin and finishing on your forehead.

You say you hate them licking the backs of your hand, please don't, it's a form of 'bonding' very important to a dog.

Cover your mouth nose and eyes (with your hands) if they lick your face. Wipe dry the back of your hand (With a hankie or paper towell) and you'll be fine. I assume you're more than ten and in good physical condition

As far as licking a baby, that's a no-no, a babies immune system is not well developed so dogs should be keept clear of babies at all times.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Many dogs like the taste of salt on human skin so lick skin.
Dogs that lick their own noses are thought to be using 'calming signals', this usually happens when they are unsure of a situation
I didn't know that, interesting
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Mine HAS to lick everything she comes in contact with,she'll shove past us an lick our jeans or our shoes lol,I cant stand her licking my face,on the odd occasion she's got me though.
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Dizee doesnt really lick. Maizie loves licking my feet and toes (bless her, no sense of smell I imagine!), but Paxton the boy we are fostering, MAN ALIVE never met a licker like him before! I stand making my coffee in the morning and he licks, licks and better licks the whole way. Even whilst I'm walking through to the living room he's still licking! I wondered if it was a reassurance thing with him tho. He' s not had the best of starts in life before he came to us. I seem to get the most of his slabbery chops too! Aah, he luvs me! lol
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Limao is a keen licker too
he washes us at any moment and deep clean our ears he he

Jack doesnt really likes to lick, he only does that if he feels he really needs to
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Staffmutz - No need to wash your feet in the morning then

If you're on a meter it saves a bit too
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Staffmutz - No need to wash your feet in the morning then

If you're on a meter it saves a bit too
If her breath smelt of my favourtie perfume then that would be fine!

Any luckily, we dont have water metres in Scotland - YET!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >