Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2016, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesdy, 27th September

Good morning all, feeling lousy with this filthy cold. Just about to take some Lemsip, am not supposed to with my medication but I need something.

Hope everyone is ok? Lynn still no news on your car yet, I guess. I hope they do manage to sort something out.

June pleased Lona has passed all her tests and Keshi is doing ok too. I hope Zen behaved herself last night.

Griff, any more contact from Steve or are you giving up on him.

Norma, hope you are ok. Harvey, hope you and your four legged friends are ok, too.

Nippy Jen, Mandy and Brenda, hope all goes well with you all.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Feel better Soon Moyra and hope the kitchen is finished today for you. i think the landlady is being a bit blooming cheeky expecting you to drop everything to accommodate her. Bad manners in my book.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are well too.

Lauren over later today and no Moyra no news on the car so not sure if it is still at the garage in Peterborough being sorted or whether it isn't the problem they thought it was at all. Will give him a call in the week to see what's going on with it if he doesn't ring me first. To be honest not sure I want it back now.
It's been away more than I have had it since buying it in August.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2016, 07:39 AM

Good morning all. it is a bit overcast this morning so my guess is Autumn is here.

Our local pub we go to every monday for lunch had a bit of a disaster midday yesterday.

We got our carvery but the meat wasn't cooked enough so told the manageress. Give her her due she immediately stopped everything and removed what was about to be carved and give us a voucher for a free meal next time.

I had to smile as when we left there was a queue going out the door waiting for carvery tickets to be issued at the bar and that had stopped as well. must have been about 20/30 people left wondering what the holdup was.

In the 2years+ we have been going there this is the first time they have slipped up. If it was a power cut the prevous evening or oven temperature set wrong or switched on late I have no idea.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Morning you never said Sue was a tiger.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope the fitter turns up and finishes the job today Moyra. Cheek that the landlady wants in too see the work when it is convenient for her - no she works round you. I have the right to go into my son's house he is renting over here as I am his representative but I would not do that without first finding out when it was convenient for the tenant.

Enjoy your day with Lauren Lynn and hopefully no news is good news on the car front.

Good morning Brenda hope you are feeling more like yourself today.

Dull but still warm for the time of year. Teazle walked and off to do more gardening. Have the dentist this afternoon for a check up

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Brenda.
I will let you into a litttle trick I use for pictures like above. No I don't get in the compound with the animal, Sue may wish I did sometimes. The trick is to get the camera lens virtually touching the mesh with just a finger to keep it off. That way the mesh gets so out of focus it almost becomes invisible. With a little rubbing out in editing of any remaining mesh you end up with a shot like above. You can see what the mesh was like in the background.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Thanks I have been taught by my daughter Sara to do that. Clever stuff.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Finally stopped raining, I did have Mabs and Zen wandering about late on last night, but all beds are dry, so they must have gone to sleep when I sent them back in. They've all gone back to bed after breakfast while I hosed down, Zen is outside lying on a piece of rubber matting, rest stayed in. Dull and dark here, hoping it stays dry but even my toes hurt and that does not bode well weatherwise. No idea if the brick kennel will get built now. Alun wasn't at training on Sunday, he will have been working, hope to see him next week and find out where he is on the conservatory, and even then the weather may not co- operate
Lynn don't know what to say as regards your car, not surprised you don't want to ring either. I'd leave it to them to ring you now, you have transport so you're not stuck
Sue, I thought you were cougar
Moyra, this landlady is not a decent person is she.
Not sure if there's a bone run today or not, will have to ri g them shortly
Hoping Nippy is OK and everything alright with her and Brian
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

Hope the fitter turns up and finishes the job today Moyra. Cheek that the landlady wants in too see the work when it is convenient for her - no she works round you. I have the right to go into my son's house he is renting out over here as I am his representative but I would not do that without first finding out when it was convenient for the tenant.

Enjoy your day with Lauren Lynn and hopefully no news is good news on the car front.

Good morning Brenda hope you are feeling more like yourself today.

Dull but still warm for the time of year. Teazle walked and off to do more gardening. Have the dentist this afternoon for a check up

Have a good day and stay safe.

Sue forgot to add he owns the house and rents it out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Moyra, i agree, i think legally she has to give you notice of an inspection and i would expect that as you are not well it could be put off for a couple of days, then again, if you can't move the stuff back into the kitchen until she has inspected what he has done then maybe best to get it over with.....i hope when you move, she gets a real sh*tty tenant who is lat with the rent and doesn't look after the place, maybe then she will realise that she should have treated you better. I have spoken to Steve, spoken to him Sunday and yesterday and just spoken to him now, popping over later but won't be there long as it is getting cold now and i don't want to be stood in the cold at the bus stop
Lynn, i do hope you get some news of your car soon
Tumbleweed, great photo again
Sue, hope the dentist goes well today and you need no treatment
TW, hopefully Alun will be near finished on the conservatoryand can get cracking on your kennels for you
cleaning for me today.... oh deep joy!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >