Female 

31-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
I met the band Colosseum.
I had e-mails and a card from Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash :smt040
Grinned at Kris Akabusi and letched over Roger black. :smt049
Saw the guy who played Terry in Corrie in Tescos
My BIL is well known in classical guitar circles

I saw Terry once looking in the window of the Post Office in Oldham where I used to work (in Oldham not the post office - one of my workmates said 'Hey thats Terry Duckworth there'
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 12:32 AM
I saw Bellamy out of Heartbeat and his wife who is also an actress but can't for the life of me spell her name She was in the film Bob, Sue and Rita too(or something like that-think she played Rita) at a school fete last year they live quite near us.

Also seen Martin Platt and Kevin Webster out of Corrie (but I don't suppose they are worth bragging about ) they live quite near us too.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 10:58 AM
I have met Nick Faldo, Darren Day , Susanne Shaw and have been out drinking with Alesha Dixon.
Mary
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2005, 04:52 PM
One day, during a school rugby match (a long time ago!) I managed to land Tony Blair flat on his face in a big puddle of mud! If there's a next time, I'll sit on him, too.

Snorri
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Ted Heath (used to work for the navigator on "Morning Cloud", Princess Shasha Toptani of Albania (complete nutter, sailed with her a few times), Johnny Morris - accused him of nicking my cat as his was a clone of my missing one used to live on an estate in Coventry with half the City football team and the manager (Noel Cantwell, going back a bit!) and a girl from my class was going out with the 'cello player from ELO so we got to chat to him at local disco's.
Used to go riding with Julie Dawn Cole ("Angels" on TV and "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory).
You need to be over 40 to follow that lot!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 06:03 PM
numerous coventry city players,used to fix their landrovers!i also met tony iommi from black sabbath,had to fix his car too!never met anybody i've really wanted too though
naomicavaliers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2005, 10:37 PM
I have met John Hurt (played the elepahant man and was the one the alien come out of in the first alien film). He was taking his son to the park near where I lived.
John Mcenroe and Jimmy Connors at a tennis tornament when i was 12 on a school trip.
Lesley Grantham in my local shopping centre.
Was going to meet Robbie Williams as his Dad was going to marry my God Mother but they broke up before the wedding so that did not happen.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 08:05 AM
I havn't met anybody famous really, but my MIL is head of make up on Coronation Street, my FIL supplies lighting for film and TV, and OH and BIL do lighting for casualty and my other BIL is a set designer...no excuses really is there
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 10:52 AM
It was a few years ago, but I met Paul Mecurio (the guy in Stictly Ballroom) twice, and I saw the actor Andrew Something or Orther (he plays DI Manson in The Bill) at a Status Quo concert 2 weeks ago.

Oh and I saw Prince Phillip at a Driving Competition at the Windsor Horse Show this year, I was 6ft from him as he walked his horses by ... does that count ?
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2005, 08:48 PM
My hubby is great mates with Stan Collymore No seriously hes a very nice man

I have also met Rod Stewart (now hes a really nice man very polite ) and I had Michael Grecco (whose much better looking in the flesh ) peer down my top when dancing with him in a nightclub cheeky man
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4