View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

13-05-2005, 08:15 AM

Retching and Gagging

I have been doing some intensive training with Kai, my rescue white German Shepherd. Now that he has bonded and settled in.

The last few days have been on retrieve. So yesterday morning I took the dogs to a large field opposite Hampton Court Palace, as I was seeing a client and didn't have time initially for a big run in the park.

Billy Smarts circus had been there and packed up and left a couple of days before. Someone, either a circus hand or a visitor had obviously been caught short and done an enormous dump in the bushes, which Kai gleefully retrieved.

As I had been teaching him to retrieve to hand he was somewhat confused when I started retching and gagging when he tried to get me to take it off him. And couldn't understand my commands when I told him to p*** Off. Not very professional I know but the circumstances were unusual and my eyes were watering

There was even bits of toilet paper still stuck to it. That image and smell will live with me for some time.

So whats the worst thing that your dog has ever presented to you?

Stan

Looks angelic doesn't he
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 08:18 AM
omg .that must have been awful
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Hello Stan, one of my old bitches Bruiser, used to present sticks, well more like half grown trees to me, I stuggled to lift them, but no problem for Bruiser,
By the way nice dog.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 08:20 AM
OMG I think the branflakes can wait till later :smt078
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2005, 08:59 AM
YUK! how gross
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2005, 09:09 AM
thats really disgusting

Jack did something similar when he was a pup although it was dog doo-doo. It had been snowing and there was a thick ice covering the ground. Jack picked up what looked like a stick and gave it to me - so I took it off him and carried on with the walk with this "stick" in my hand. It wasn't until it started to melt that I realised what I had been carrying!

It took ages for me to get over that!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 11:16 AM
oh how yuk,

a rabbits head, bessie gave it to me!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Yukkk!! Scrumps brought be a dead and rotting trout once eeeeghhhh!!!

Gorgeous dog
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2005, 11:20 AM
yuk :smt078
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Ohhhh Kai is beautiful - he is like a white GSD I grew up with - way back when ....
That is probably the most disgusting thing I have ever heard, btw, lol, I don't think I can match it even with my stories.
So far we have the usual horse and sheep pooh, and the list of dead things - a decomposing seagull, something COMPLETELY flat with feathers that stank of death (that was the worst smell), death, death; a dead and bloody dog fish, half rotten hedgehog.
Ho hum.
I can't get him to drop them so I tried running away hoping he would drop it and follow me - he followed but each time with the dead thing bouncing from his mouth.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >