Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 01:21 PM

Very sad / designer breeds

Hypothetically speaking -

People own two male dogs - one is neutered [the other Spaniel with papers] is not. They then get a female std schnauzer pup. They are advised that they should get the entire male neutered however they choose to ignore that advice.

Some months later the schnauzer [8 months] comes into season, you can tell where this is leading no doubt. Again they are advised about neutering but choose to ignore it as "they never get pregnant at first season" Some weeks later the puppy schnauzer has 7 puppies

The children are excited and going around telling their friends about the "established breed" - ""Spanauzers" and how they are going to sell them "for £££" when old enough

What makes it even sadder is the fact that it turns out the schnauzer was rehomed to this family as a pup as a "good home". She had been put into kennels at 14 weeks old while her original owners went on holiday and they never came back for her

Two days after having her 7 pups the children are dragging the schnauzer pup round the streets with their other dogs for "walkies". It is pointed out to them that this is wrong to do as apart from anything else there is a high risk of taking home infection to her pups. The children look at the advice giver as if they are complete nuts

The worst part of it is that if these pups sell it will encourage this family to go on and on breeding these two dogs - probably every six months as the mother has admitted she took the schnauzer pup on for this very purpose - to cross breed with their spaniel

Even sadder is the fact that far from being hypothetical - this is true. When I first heard about it I was so angry .......................... What is wrong with some people today, what way is this to bring children up to exploit animals like this...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
So, so sad. once again it supports the argument for some kind of licence/test before being entitled to own a dog.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-09-2010, 05:12 PM
is there any way of getting the pups taken from them? can they be reported for this action?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I think this sort of thing is quite sickening to be honest, but once again down to ''how many pound signs can we see'' I think
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Absolutely disgusting, there are some people that should just not be allowed to own animals, such selfish and ignorant behaviour on their part and the only ones suffering are the dogs, makes me soo angry .
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
We know someone who is taking on a Collie x Lab puppy, bred, I suspect in the same way as they were "looking for the bitch to come into season" so they could separate them and the first sign was when they were already tied. I don't buy this story at all as they could have taken the bitch to the vet for the jabs if they saw them.

The 'joke' of the situation is the bloke is not one for going out walking with a dog (I suspect) and is not likely to cope too well with teenage dogdem! Another thing is a bored Lab is a problem and a bored Collie is too. I can only imagine what a bored mix of the two could do!!

Some people!
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh and I meant to say "Spanauzers" - what kind of a name is that? I mean there is no easy way to link Schnauzer and Spaniel I appreciate but why bother (apart from the ££ signs).

Thats like me calling Poppy a Border Russell or a Parsder Terrier or a Bordson Terrier (I can't think of anything else imaginative tonight). If it's a crossbreed just call it that - there's nothing wrong with it!!

Ali xx
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
How could somebody leave a dog in kennels while they go away and never go back for it??? It all started there if you ask me, then was passed onto the irrisponsible idiots who let her have puppies.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Aligord View Post
Oh and I meant to say "Spanauzers" - what kind of a name is that? I mean there is no easy way to link Schnauzer and Spaniel I appreciate but why bother (apart from the ££ signs).

Thats like me calling Poppy a Border Russell or a Parsder Terrier or a Bordson Terrier (I can't think of anything else imaginative tonight). If it's a crossbreed just call it that - there's nothing wrong with it!!

Ali xx
Apparently the kids saw it on the internet.......world wide web and all that
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by miz66 View Post
How could somebody leave a dog in kennels while they go away and never go back for it??? It all started there if you ask me, then was passed onto the irrisponsible idiots who let her have puppies.
Exactly but it still does not help the fact they are letting a puppy have puppies
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >