Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 09:54 AM

Doggy Acrobatics!

Does your doggy ever baffle you??

Twice now I have walked into our kitchen to find Bodhi in THE most unusual and baffling place ever imaginable.....!!!

We have a huge dog crate for her (far too big really!). It comes up to waist height, so is pretty tall!! She is only 4 months now, so not huge!

I walked into the kitchen to find her snuggled up ON TOP of the crate on top of a cushion I had put on there

I have NO idea how she is getting up there - it is standing against a wall... There is a small step in the kitchen, but she would literally have to launch herself up and across onto the crate!!!

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Bodhi is a strong one, and very willed

Fern doesn't really do anything strange until yesterday - he hates baths of course but he needed one after rolling in a nasty yesterday so we were filling up the tub with water and a few toys, and Fern catapulted himself past us over into the bath and played splash puddles for 15 minutes

He's never jumped over anything in his life, first time - and just shocked that he would jump into a bath (that he hates with a passion) being filled with water!

Not sure why he decided he now likes the bathtub, he never did before
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Last night I was in bed and I heard some strange scrabbling noises, which I just assumed was Meg doing her usual settling down routine (you know, turning round 3 times, scratching the bedding up into a heap etc). I sat up and switched the light on to make sure she was OK and I found her curled up in a tiny box which I'd left in the corner of the room, which had been the packaging for a lampshade I'd bought. She was wedged in really tightly, with just her head and one front paw sticking out, and the cardboard box was bulging at the sides. I wish I'd taken a picture. Thing is I've got no idea how she got into it, and even less idea why she'd bother because her own comfy bed was just next to her.

Other times I've come into the living room to find her trying to do headstands on the sofa. I've no idea what that's all about.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 11:07 AM
LOL Bodhi!

The first time we put Ziggy in his crate and left him for 10min, gigi got back to find him wondering around her room... no idea how he got out, but we called him Houdini for a couple of days

In the car, on one of his first car rides, we got out to open the boot and he came vaulting out over the backseat new nickname: Kamikaze

A couple of days ago my mum and I went out for dinner and left the pups in her bedroom (yes, we can leave them now!! ) We came back to find wool trailed all over the place, the little ******* had climbed up on my mums desk (quite high, no idea how) chucked all the stuff onto the floor and run off with a jumper my mum was knitting! Archie obviously joined in a game of tug with him and the jumper!!

Words failed me that time... we just burst out laughing!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 11:56 AM
When Takara was really tiny I found her sat on the kitchen table bearing in mind the kitchen table is also about waist height!

What amazes me most is the TINY spaces she gets into now she's big! You sort of see her there and think 'eh?! How did she manage that?!'
She can get behind the sofa, the gap between the bottom of the sofa and the wall is only big enough for a cat but she still manages it!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 12:11 PM
We found Cassie, when she was really young, on top of the table outside in the yard, waist high with nothing close to it to climb up on. To this day we have no idea how she got up there and it's never happened since.
Her favourite place at the moment is under the bed. She comes out from there like she's doing the limbo LOL
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Seems to be a running theme of small pups climbing on big things!! Maybe they have some unknown ability we have yet to discover!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm sure they do it just to freak us out!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 02:05 PM
I think my OH thought I had discovered a dead body in the kitchen or something - I was certainly freaked... I think it was more the look of innocence on Bodhi's face, like it was the most natural thing in the world!!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2005, 02:13 PM
It all sounds like something out of Poltergeist to me. Remember that scene where all the kitchen chairs balanced themselves on the table? Maybe you're all haunted by spirits that enjoy putting puppies on tables...

Meg had quite the opposite problem when she was very small. I can remember her crying to herself because she couldn't get up one stair. She managed to hook her front paws over the step, but her back legs were left dangling and scrabbling in mid-air. No way could she have got onto a table.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >