Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Good News & Bad News

Well the good news is that Leon is making a slow but sure recovery. He is almost back to normal in his behaviour, just still got a loose botty but its so much better than he was this time last week. The vet phoned me today to say that the bloods were back and everything is functioning normally, the faecal tests have revealed that there is no Gardia but we all know that isn't necessarily a true picture. He said that they are checking for the other things, e-coli, salmonella etc., but they take a bit longer so we won't know until some time next week. He is keeping him on the meds so I need to collect some more tomorrow and he wants to see him again on Monday to give him another check up. If he is happy with him then he is going to let me give him the Panacur and hope that will be then end of it.

Bad news...my operation had to be cancelled as I came down with a chest and throat infection...I feel pretty lousy as it happens but thought I was just run down having spent a couple of sleepless nights with Leon, but I suppose it is just everything finally catching up with me, the stress of the house move, the worry over Leon's health, and the tragic news of two of my oldies going to the bridge. The chap at the hospital rang me today to see how I was and said that he has taken me off the waiting list, I just need to ring him when I'm over this and he will get me straight in for my pre op assessment and then operated on within a couple of weeks, so at least I haven't had to go to the back of the queue.

Also, we have no internet connection at home so have been using the woggle, only to have that crash on us...I'm typing this really quickly as I got online last night and then it wouldn't let me do anything, I logged off and couldn't get back online. They are sending a replacement out in the next 48 hours but its so miserable not being able to keep in touch with my friends on here. Apologies if I haven't managed to respond to any birthday/news threads.

More good news...we've found another lovely place to walk, it was an old saxon village and it is completely fenced off as they have sheep in there sometimes. You are allowed to walk your dogs in there when the sheep are there, so long as you keep them under control, but there aren't any in there at the moment so Leon has been in his element darting up and down the hills, rummaging about in the old moat...he's got more energy than me these days

Clive and I are absolutely loving our new home, and Leon has never been so relaxed so brilliant news in that respect
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Glad to hear Leon is improving Sheree and sorry to hear your poorly and have to postpone your op. So pleased you're enjoying your new home though. Big hugs hun xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh Sheree, you are having a bad time again although your new house and walks sound great.
I'm glad Leon is improving I hope he keeps it up and I hope you will be able to come on line with all your news.
Good luck with a new date for your op.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Glad to hear Leon is improving Sheree and sorry to hear your poorly and have to postpone your op. So pleased you're enjoying your new home though. Big hugs hun xx
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh Sheree, you are having a bad time again although your new house and walks sound great.
I'm glad Leon is improving I hope he keeps it up and I hope you will be able to come on line with all your news.
Good luck with a new date for your op.
Thanks so much Jackie & Jenny..we daren't turn the computer off at the moment, incase we lose the connection xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh I'm so pleased to be reading such a positive post from you at last Sheree, especially about poor Leon, let's hope it continues this way for him now. I'm sure if he does have that giardia, then the ab's are staving it off, but once he's well enough I hope you go ahead and do what I did with that Panacur coz you will never see him like that again I guarantee that! Just please make sure though, if it starts again AFTER doing the panacur and being off the ab's, that you repeat it after 2 weeks (your vet will tell you this is ok after a 2 week period, actually 10 days from what I've read on t'internet!) and that way, you'll clear it up forever, just like we have here!

So glad you're loving that new house and that lovely new walk, but of course, I'm sorry to hear about the op being postponed, but hopefully we'll be hearing some more good news about that too in the not too distant future. All the best to you Sheree.xxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear you haven't been well and that the op had to be cancelled, but otherwise all the good news sounds really great

I'm so pleased you are all loving your new home
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Great news about Leon Glad he's feeling better......

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your op..........Hope you feel better soon x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Good to hear Leon is geing back on track and improving. Sorry to hear your op getting postponed, hopefully you will improve soon and can get in sorted. Rest up and get better soon.
Emma
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Delighted to hear Leon is finally on the mend and you're loving the new house and the surrounding walks.

As for your op, it just wasn't meant to be, Sheree, so just dig in and wait for the next date. You need to be at full strength for surgery, and once you're back up to that, you'll be sorted and on the road to recovery in no time.

Hugs honey x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Really pleased to hear Leon is on the mend, and that you are all so happy in your new house and loving your new walks.

Sorry to hear you are unwell and the op had to be postponed. Hopefully you will be better in the next week or two and be on the road to recovery yourself. Big (((hugs))). X
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >