Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
I think you are making the right decision alex, and agree with the thoughts of others.
I dont think it would be an enjoyable experience for either of you in the long run - and its a long way to travel to put it to the test. Maybe in a few years treat your godchild to the 'delights' of Crufts - he has plenty of time ahead.
Its ok, will drag fiancee along....he wasnt overjoyed to hear liam may be coming.... thought it would be good as he is pushing for a child soon...bit of a reality kick as well as me and liam drroling over doggies!!
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2007, 04:30 PM
By the way watch where you step couldn't believe it some people don't pick up after there dogs eww. I love agricultural shows with dog shows attached I find they were a great place to introduce my niece and nephew to dog shows
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by gracelund View Post
By the way watch where you step couldn't believe it some people don't pick up after there dogs eww. I love agricultural shows with dog shows attached I find they were a great place to introduce my niece and nephew to dog shows
You know that never even occurred to me....thats disgusting!!!!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I agree I wouldnt take a child to crupfts specially on a weekend, I took my 75 year pld mum last year and that was enough!!!
Hall four seems to be the quietiest for the loos (think thats were the field spaniels are).
good luck and enjoy your day.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
I agree too, he'd get fed up at 3 years of age, will be bad enough takin your man believe me!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I agree too, he'd get fed up at 3 years of age, will be bad enough takin your man believe me!
im already getting that sinking feeling!!
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
will be bad enough takin your man believe me!
usually leave mine watching obedience while I shop and keep popping back to visit and drop off bags and then pick him up in time to carry the shopping back to the car.

by the way if you park in one of the further car parks there is a free bus to get you to the arena, last year I think parking was about £6 usually at the end of the day it's quicker to walk.

even after the dog mess expensive parking and aching feet it is a really fun day take a few drinks as they are expensive I use capri sun drinks as they are light to carry and small enough to finish in one sitting Comfortable shoes are a must
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 07:38 PM
I also take two pairs of shows, but I'm lucky I either leave my baggage on discover dogs or I have a bench.
I also always find that if I decide to buy something at the end of the day, its always in the hall furthest away.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
agree totally again with others. It will be a hard slog with a three year old. It was hard with 7 and 9 year old. Lots and lots of walking, and people kept pushing and shoving my kiddies all day. Did see a lady last year with a pushchair and she was just stuck nobody seemed to move for her. Its a good fun day but hard on the legs and very busy on the weekend. You can que half an hour for the loo.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi,
I must say i agree with the others,
We went a few yrs back,but left our kids at school,and the neighbour looked after them till we got home.
It is a fantastic day but not for young children,they would get tired very quickly and there is just so much to do and see.
The breed rings also get full very quickly,and it is difficult to get a good view sometimes.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >