View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't think its about sizes...although I know that it is something to aim for. Its about what looks nice and fits well...
Also sizing problems are the same at the bottom end of the scale. Clothes shopping is my biggest nightmare, I'm 5 foot 4 and 8 stone, which means that anything I like I have to try on in petite and regular, size 6 , 8 and 10. (I'm not bony skinny...just short) It makes clothes shopping so frustrating!!! I would really love to be an average 10 or 12 and be able to buy something without standing in a queue for hours, just take it home and know it will fit
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 05:23 PM
I have just got to 9st (was 16st 9) and i am a size 10ish but it is really had to get stuff to fit as i have a 36 inside leg and 32FF boob's (payed 4). and still not happy! i think it's a girl thing.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 06:02 PM
I am the size I am and most of the time I am happy - I have a tummy, but I have 2 beautiful children to thank for that, and my husband fancies me. OK, I'd maybe like to be a bit smaller but look back at my family and all the women on my Mum's side were left with tummies after having children. I am not slim, but I am not massively overweight. A stone coming off wouldn't hurt, but:

A few months ago I made a huge effort to lose weight, I started to get a bit obssesive with food and began to suffer with visual migraines. I got a cold, which made me feel miserable and the last thing I wanted to do was watch what I ate, so I didn't. I put on the weight I had lost and since then have been more sensible about what I eat, but not so obssesive - if I want a biscuit or 2 with a cup of tea I have one. If I want some chocolate, I have it. Guess what? The visual migraines have stopped.

I would much rather have a bit too much round the middle than all of a sudden lose vision on one side.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hi,
Being a man I really have no say in this department, but, I think that 12/14 is a nice size, you're not a twig that looks as though you'll snap it touched, and you are not too heavy.

Don't go by your weight, two people could be 10 stone, one may be a size 12 and another a size 16, why? because as some has said muscle does actually weigh more than fat.

Just love who you are and stop trying to change yourselfes.

Another thing I have often heard is - I want a flat stomach, - in my opinion a woman with a flat stomach is strange, As my mother always said, you should never have a flat stomach because all your reproductive organs etc are internal to you, men's are external. I am floundering here, but I think you'll know what I mean.

I here wearing a hard hat!!!

Ian

Well said. Also think its a lovely thing to say!

I admit...yes i probably am obsessed with losing weight! I have lost alot of weight lately, but i did need too. Problem now is i am mentally scarred as my X bf was a real jerk. He slept with loads of other women & called me fat & ugly.
I'm not ugly & i wasn't fat. He just controlled me.

So it is a woman thing i'm afraid.

I'm very happy with the way i am now. I am going to lose abit more, only so that i can pig out when i want & not feel guilty!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Size 10

lol

No chance for me
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:19 PM
ive always been a size 10 and im 5,2 very small built so i find clothes hard to get especially nice styles i always end up going to the kiddies section i wish i was taller
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm only 5ft 3 in. I like being small. I can get away with taking the ponies for a gallop round the stubble field. They do like a good blast. They get very frustrated being led with 6 year olds on their backs Bless em!!

Next have a very good range of clothes for short people. I've spent hundreds in that shop over the past few weeks
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:32 PM
ooh thank you jules 1 for that bit of info will have a look in there this week i feel better now thanks
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 04:34 PM
They have their own website where you can buy online
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 04:44 PM
ooh i will look at that give me somthing to do can see myself spending loads but hey why not
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »