Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 06:37 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

It gives me great pleasure to inform you all, that I shall be moving out of the sick bay today, along with my oversized bed. One because I'm feeling like I'm back in the land of the living, 2 because it's getting far too crowded in here now, all those germs flying around from the coughing and splutterings from poor Sally and Eileen, the nurse with her squeaky shoes running around in here all night keeping me awake and to top it all, you shut me in I'm glad my new sparkly teef acted as a night light for you all, but glad you had the sense to pull the curtains around me instead of taking them out

What a night, that wind It's stopped raining now and the wind has died down and I think we're in for a nice, sunny day today.

When I took Zena up the top last night, for her last wee, it was chucking it down, and as I ran back down the path, got to the steps and nearly hung myself, on the washing line which had been dragged down to neck height by the wet towels hanging on it. I don't quite know how I missed it on the way UP there, I must have had my head down cos of the rain, I mean, how are you supposed to see a thin line in the dark at that height Gave Dave a good laugh and he just said I should have taken the torch.

Jen hope you're feeling better today, along with you Sally, Eileen, Sara, and anyone else who was admitted yesterday, but I haven't caught up with all those pages.

Lynn, I know what you'll be doing this week, hope you get it all done cos trust me, once those contracts are exchanged, sometimes they like to give you just ONE week nowadays - quick a shock!

Pat, I'm loving that pool bar you've organised yourself there, and if ever I come over, make sure you don't split that netting at the bottom cos I'd fall straight through it now with the weight I've lost here or end up all folded up in it with my legs in the air

June, so sorry about the state of your lovely room. You can get those bomb room air fresheners like the flea bombs that you set off and leave, maybe try one of those? If I were you, I'd nip down to Carpetright and see what's lying up against the walls in the casualty departments, cos sometimes you can pick up a nice piece for as little as £20 which could replace the whole lot. Once carpet is stained and smelly, it stays there no matter what you do, I had a year of that with this manky old lounge carpet when we moved in. You really don't deserve all this. Dave got me some of those bombs and if you'd like me to send you one pm me and I will get one off to you ok.

I'm quite excited about the week ahead because I have nothing traumatic to overcome, no nasty stuff to deal with, just me and Zena, recouperating, although this will be my first walk since last Wednesday so I'm going to take it slowly and only go as far as I think I can or want to.

Lynn, you're probably typing the same time as me, but hopefully we'll get merged again, but I thought I'd get this up cos I know you have lots to do in the mornings now.

Down from 10st 11lb to 10 stone 2lb and still counting!!! I'm disappearing before my very eyes here

Enjoy your Monday everyone, hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets and I'll catch you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Morning H and all,

Just got back from our morning walk and it was nice and sunny and fresh out there.
Just work for me today, but I have found a lovely lady (my sisters neighbour) who runs a dog walking buisness. She is going to come into Lily today and any day I am working so i can't get home to give Lily her lunch, and she will feed her, take her in the garden for her toilet and then sit and fuss her for half hour (I don't want her walked on top of her food) for this she will charge £6 which I thought was very good. She came and met Lily yesterday and they got on well.

Glad your out of the sick bay H, just take things easy on that walk today, although i bet it will be lovely to be out again.

Lynn your going to be busy packing and clearing out now I expect. Its so exciting packing up to move, although hard work.

Hope anyone else in the sick bay is improving today and making their way towards the exit door.
Have a good day all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Morning Helena! I was waiting for this thread to go up before leaving the site - have read everything else. Glad to hear you are freeing up a bed in the ward. I think you've bounced back amazingly quickly old thing. We too had a very blustery evening yesterday. But it was just GREAT not to have even a fan on all night - but had to close bedroom windows the noise was spooky. Today is back sunny and hot but BEARABLE. Gawd I despair of you! Tie some balloons to that washing line before you garotte yourself! I will believe you are going to take it easy this week when you've proved it!
(Can't BELIEVE how much weight you've lost! Lordy I am about 11 and half stone if not heavier - not worth me even trying to compete now!)

I agree with you re June's carpet problem. But above all because once it's GONE she will not have the reminder or the resentment every time she sees it coz it will never look as good as it did before. I used to use remnant sales for smaller bedrooms in UK - could afford otherwise expensive carpet for them that way.

Well, I've had what could be called 'a bit of a result' this morning. I heaved a great sigh and tapped in Sabby's mobile phone number. As soon as I said 'it's Pat' he told me he is coming along today to pay two months' rent. I mumbled about his electricity bill too - but decided two months rent was better than one month and the lecky bill so I will leave that for now. He will apparently be here between 11 and 12. But why oh why can't they bloody just get in touch to let you know? He promised to pay it week before last and haven't had a peep out of him since and he hasn't been around either. But, apparently, he has now found a job so let's hope that sorts this out.

This means I am once again putting off going to see the developer re the flats - much more important to get MY money! But when I do see him I will be putting Sabby's flat back in the frame for the one to be sold as I really do not want any more of this rent arrears rubbish. I'd rather it sat there vacant. The rent I've paid on it runs out in October. I can duck out of it from then with no cost to me. It's a sublet so I do make more out of that one coz it was rented to me for a pittance on account of managing all the others. But I like an easy life more than I like a few extra quid!

We went out for a walk at 7.45 and didn't see a single soul! Not even a dogless person! Very odd. Halfway round Bella started shaking her head and scratching left ear. She then stopped and waited for me and even 'offered up' that side of her head to me to sort it out - bless her! I just had a good look, gave it a good rub all over in and out and a good scratch behind it and that seemed to sort it but that dog does make me laugh. She does the same thing with little burrs in her paws. Just stops and waits with that paw held up until I sort it and then carries on!

I might take her down to the lake later today if it doesn't get too hot.

*I'm all secretly hopeful that the new guy upstairs will be able to sort my tablet out! And I'm going to ask him if he can source a good wireless printer for me too as he is in the trade (and he is Cypriot so will have better contacts and not be ripped off). These two guys could turn out to be my BEST neighbours yet! What with the other one almost begging me to leave Bella with them if I go away and not put her in the boarding. They are the only people I've met since moving here that I'd be happy to let do that. They love dogs and love Bella and want a dog but are sensibly waiting until they are in a house and not a rented apartment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

Morning Helena so good to hear you back to your old self.
Oh dear there I go again with the old. I will be getting extra jabs from the pencils now.
I run into one of those rope washing lines when I was about 7 at my eldest brothers house. Boy did it hurt and left a lovely red welt across my neck for weeks. So beware of nasty washing lines.
Sally, Sara, Jenny and Eileen hoping you are feeling better today and anyone else who is feeling unwell.

Sunny here but it was yesterday at this time too and ended being dark, dismal and very wet by tea time.
I have emailed the solicitor so he receives our instruction to carry on with the purchase of the cottage when he arrives in the office this morning.

Have a nice Monday everyone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Just got back from our morning walk and it was nice and sunny and fresh out there.
Just work for me today, but I have found a lovely lady (my sisters neighbour) who runs a dog walking buisness. She is going to come into Lily today and any day I am working so i can't get home to give Lily her lunch, and she will feed her, take her in the garden for her toilet and then sit and fuss her for half hour (I don't want her walked on top of her food) for this she will charge £6 which I thought was very good. She came and met Lily yesterday and they got on well.
You snuck in while I was typing! That's great news about Lily and the lady walker Madmare. Things really are all falling into place for you since you decided on this move aren't they? All you need now I reckon is a big win on summat so you can cut work out of the equation! (I need the same actually!)

Lynn
Get your skates on now girl! (Notice I don't keep hammering the 'old' lol!)
It could all happen VERY quickly now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

A sunny morning here which is a vast improvement from yesterday afternoon and night. I'll be walking the dogs shortly as I'm out at 9.30 for a catch-up with a friend up the road. Other than that nothing special just the 'normal' house stuff and washing my OH's wet clothes from his weekend.

Helena - Delighted you are out of the sick bay now but I do think that you'll have to leave that big bed of yours as what will people recuperate on? You were lucky you didn't garotte yourself on that washing line last night ...... and as for anyone, Dave included to think it was funny isn't very nice is it . Wow your weight loss is really impressive, well done . However if you lose much more I won't be able to be your friend
Bev - That dog walking lady sounds a real 'find' and £6 for half hour is excellent and wonderful peace of mind for you. Is there anything that that area doesn't provide - friends, jobs, fab views etc etc .... fantastic Enjoy your day.
Pat - Morning. You snuck in while I was sitting here typing and eating breakfast ..... clearly very slowly. I'll read it shortly and come back later.

See you all later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Waves to jenny.g

I'm over here! I'm the fat one! I'm surprised you saw Helena as she is standing behind me!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Lynn - Enjoy your day packing and I promise not to jab you unless you sit and do nothing today. I'll hold off the onslaught for a few days as I'm sure you'll need to be on the phone to your solicitors etc this morning. You running in to that washing line was clearly a traumatic event as you still remember it
Pat - What is it with all these renters who either don't pay or are late I'd hate to have to collect rent as I know I'd end up being too soft but would then explode after payment got later and later. Good luck. Bless little Bella stopping for you to sort her out ..... that is so sweet. I've said before she's not as bright as a button

Off to walk the dogs now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Waves to jenny.g

I'm over here! I'm the fat one! I'm surprised you saw Helena as she is standing behind me!
Oh Pat that was you I thought I was looking in a mirror ..... see you later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-09-2013, 07:32 AM

I have gone into hiding as you are all [well some of you] talking about losing weight and/or being fat, and I cannot shift the 4kg that makes me look exceedingly preggy.

I also have tummy cramps so might be going into labour any minute.

Have a good day everyone!
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »