register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Just had friend on the phone and she has now googled it, because she is mystified when it worked for her!!
Apparently it is a common fault and it is saying about the winder thing which I was told about last night.
Mabs made a good attempt at chopping her carpal pad in half yesterday so she is staying in till it looks a bit better, have sprayed it with antiseptic when she eventually let me see it, I put her in a head lock this morning and sprayed it, she's not limping, but I have decided to keep her in because I don't want her to knock it.
So just Keshi to take out now, then Cariad and Lona. Then I may have a look at the sunroof, at the moment my mind isn't coping with the idea, but once I have had girlies out I may feel better, I usually do.
Good idea about renting, forgot all about that option.
One of my ex's had an appliance repair business and sold recon washers and started renting some out and he was inundated, so there is a demand, fingers crossed someone in the area is doing it. That way your repairs are paid for as well.
Forgot to ask about Gill as well, sorry Lynn
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for putting my mind GREATLY as ease there Malka and June, much appreciated, cos I am a worrier as yer know.

This is gonna sound stupid, but I just noticed a big matt in that right ear of Zena's. She has so much fur behind those ears, long fur, and this big clump, which I decided to cut out, and guess what, she's holding that ear up now and doesn't seem bothered I wonder if he felt that clump and thought it was a swollen gland cos he was having a bit of a job and asked me if she had a collar on along with the muzzle, which of course, was all behind that ear when he was having a feel. Irrespective of that, I've still got the claw to worry about tomorrow.

No Lynn, he said she'd have to be completely knocked out, and he initially said "it's gotta come out" so whether he will do that or just cut it right back who knows, I'll just have to see what he finds when he's able to get a better look at it I s'pose

Oh I do feel so much better now about that Propopol stuff, so thanks again Malka and June.

Lynn, the caravan idea is a good one, but not if the park is being run by a bully. Our company Park Holidays UK is good and that's the route we'll be taking in our winter years, cos I wanna spend all the money, there's nobody else to leave it to except Dave and Zena!

Just been to Sainsbury's again to get lots of tins of pilchards and some liver sausage to get these pills down here, there's a lot of them now what with her daily metronidazole.

Waiting for the postman now with great intrepedation and excitement cos I've ordered some new Sketcher's trainers, some new winter boots, £50's worth of balls for Zena Yeah, sadly, she's got expensive taste lol! She's got three JW Isqueaks coming cos all of hers have now lost their squeaks cos they're years old, and she's got two orbee fetch balls on ropes, cos her current orbee has seen better days, and they aint cheap, but then again it's gotta be 2 years old, so well done Zena, even the rope is only slightly freyed.

He'll be here in a minute, I do hope my new boots fit cos I ordered a 6 when I'm a 5, but I think winter boots need the extra room don't they. I can then throw my manky 2 pairs away

Better get on with some lunch.

June, chin up, it's only a car, but then like you say, it's the last straw isn't it. Dave's always saying to me there's only so much sh*t he can take when everyone seems to be chucking it at him. Look at it this way June, it can only get better atm for you.xxx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Shame you don't live here Bev. There was a washer dryer on Freecycle this morning Not much good for you I know.Just when you need a washer for moving.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 11:19 AM
TW,poor Mabs,that sounds nasty
HELENA,hope you love your boots Always go a size bigger in winter boots,that way I can wear my lovely thick thermal socks when its freezing,so cozy!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 12:20 PM
http://youtu.be/Of2HU3LGdbo
I want this roomba
I want this cat
I want this dog
And I want this duckling too!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh 'eck - now I do not know if I am in trouble or not. Still cannot get out so phoned Avner and he brought some things over for me, but instead of taking them [three large carrier bags] through into the kitchen as I asked, he just put them down on the floor, just inside the front door.

And as he stood up Pereg did an air-snap. Probably because she could smell the kohlrabi and sweet peppers [her big treats] and thought he had put them down and was then going to take them away again.

Now, knowing Pereg, IF, and that is a very big IF, her teefies actually touched his skin, that would have been all - because she just does not bite and on the rare occasion that she and I have been wrestling, either on the floor or on the bed, the most that has ever happened when an air-snap connected was a tiny bruise, and believe me you just have to look at me and I bruise.

And it was his forearm she air-snapped at [wagging her tail in a happy way to show that she was just playing silly boogers]. So I do not know if Avner was joking or what but he went off up the ramp hopping as if she had had his leg? [He was wearing cropped combats].

When I called out if he was OK and did she actually bite him he just turned and waved and blew a kiss, then carried on hopping?

That is all I need now. Cannot get across to the macolet and Avner refusing to bring anything over.

Booger.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Really peed off now as just heard my washing machine cannot be repaired, apart from the fact it will cost too much 2 of the parts are obsolete now. The insurance is now cancelled by the insurance company as they can't get it repaired so at least I owe them nothing.

It will be at least 6-8 months after I have moved before I can afford another one and i suppose now i am going to have to pay someone to come and get this one out of my kitchen and dump it. Goodness knows how I am going to get washing done now.
Don't despair! I can't be the only person who got rid of a washing machine less than a year old for a song when I left for Cyprus (had to keep it right up to the last minute and the old one - like yours - died when I only had 8 months more to go in the UK!)

I also let my tumbler and loads of other stuff go on Freecycle on the last morning. It is well worth checking out any Freecycle type site in your area - it's not all rubbish and junk on them. People have various reasons to give stuff away - if they don't have time to sell or would rather give it away than sell for a pittance.

But you have to be very QUICK!

I once bought a 2nd hand w/machine when mine was unrepairable when just out of the 1yr guarantee and that 2nd hand one (cost just over 100) lasted longer than the new one before it!

As for the one I flogged for a song when I moved - I looked at using launderettes etc. when mine died as it was only for 8-9 months - it was cheaper to get a w/m in the sales - as I recall I got it for under 200 delivered tho it wasn't the biggest capacity loader or the most powerful spinner - it did the job.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Fanx Norma, I just feel that every time I get up someone comes and knocks me down again. I've had loads of stuff happen to me this year and it is like a domino effect, this latest saga is only one of many, how much more am I expected to take. I am a strong person, I have had to be.
But there is a breaking point, and I am there teetering on the edge now. I want to give up, dig a hole, and bury myself. Sounds really silly it is a sunroof of all things that has been the final straw, and also the fact that it was meant as a lovely gesture, and it has all gone t!ts up.
Oh dear TW. I know what you mean - there is a limit to how long you can maintain a cheery smile and a stiff upper lip and it is sometimes the silliest 'last straw' that tips you right over the edge and has you blubbing.

I've had a couple of annus horribiluses myself in the past and I know you just cannot BELIEVE any other (even stupid) thing could go wrong but then it does. Or things you'd otherwise shrug or laugh at seem worse out of all proportion when they come on top of other more serious stuff.

And to think I was moaning about the lavatorial problems here! All sorted now - thanks to George. €45 for two new parts and 30 for George (who I had to force it on as he didn't want any money having gone to buy the parts and spent hours sorting them both out). So we are spared running the length of the landing to the only vacant flat with a working loo now!

I won't bother my landlord with him paying for this one (even tho it was obvious it had broken before because of being tied up with floss) and the one next door was only out of action because Jen and Vicki raided that one to cobble our one back together! (Even tho it was obvious that one had been patched up before too!)

Jen's had her hair cut by my hair cutting pal and is happy and now excited to see her bloke later this evening. I zonked down a bit again earlier but have perked up since eating (tho' I thought it would make me worse)

Just been sent a lovely piccie of my darling Holly all ready to come standing indoors reading a book in her new swimsuit!

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
http://youtu.be/Of2HU3LGdbo
I want this roomba
I want this cat
I want this dog
And I want this duckling too!
So cool
Gorgeous photo of Holly Love those little cover up swimsuits....very sensible xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Bev.........Don't know what you have planned but if you are not doing anything on Sunday why not fetch your washing over to mine you cannot live that far away from me can you? Then you can put all your washing through my machine. I do not have a dryer but plenty of washing line space if needs be. What do you think? Moyra
Page 5 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »