Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2016, 07:46 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 27th December

Good morning all,

Hope everyone is ok. Griff hope Deags is better.
June, bet the dogs love their stears ears.

Hope Joel is behaving himself now his dad is back at home. I am sure it is his mother he is rebelling against.

Well just another day

gone soon be New Year, then we can get back into some routine.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope Deags is better and it was just a one off Griff.

Thank you for my birthday wishes.

I agree Moyra just another day. Sister in law goes home this afternoon then two and and half days to get everything ready for my sister to arrive. It will be nice to get back to normal, whatever that is in our house Don't get me wrong I love visitors but get fed up with thinking about what to feed them!

Have a nice day and stay safe and warm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Joel has been no problem at all Moyra while with all of us. His mum and him definitely clash. Trouble is he has to go back to it all.
Sue I will be glad when our stream of visitors are finished. Two today George and Owen coming for the day (Tracey's boys).
George did think they were staying the night but we haven't the room really even though Michael left early this morning to fly to Spain and I really cannot cope with more bed arranging today it has been a manic busy two days.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Morning All! Sorry for my radio silence - Mike has been using this laptop downstairs in the office to do our end of year accounts, and I find it nigh on impossible to google etc. with my Galaxy Note with my very large and rather arthritiky fingers! Had a wonderful christmas with Holly and Alfie staying with us. The new bathroom has gone down a bomb with both of them. Alfie was just hysterical in the large bath, diving up an down and playing with his Paw Patrol toys! He, Mike and Holly all had huge stockings to open - Alfie in his cot, with the bigger ones under the tree with his mum's and grandfather's! I had really gone over the top this year and spoiled everyone rotten. I like to wait until everyone has opened their presents and the dust has settled before I open mine.

Dogs have had a brilliant christmas too! Mike has been unable to walk because of arthritis so I have been running Ben and the two chihuahuas loose in the field at the back of the house which is currently empty of livestock. Ben has had a lovely time running free rather than confined to the extending lead and it was lovely to see him. Although he is good now with other dogs, we still have to be very, very careful because he did try to flatten a dalmatian in Yorkshire that was running free and came charging across the moor to say hello to him! He was on the lead, but still went ballistic, rather understandably although I don't like it. His recall was excellent I was pleased to see yesterday. The controversial collar is now packed away, job done. All in all, a very enjoyable christmas!

Hope everyone else had similar! Back to work tomorrow, sadly!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Oh don't talk about doing year end accounts. I shall have to take care of my son's come the new year. Dreading it. Hope your OH got his done.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Been very quiet on here today, I hope everyone is ok. I have stripped the rest of the turkey off the bone and put it into the stew pot. Just a case of dividing it up into several meals and freezing down into the freezers. Will curry some of it. Quite like turkey curry.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Just walked Amber, lot lighter tonight but turning bitterly cold.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Frost here this morning, the cars were all iced up, then the sun came out and its been a lovely day, although very cold.
Girls been on the river for a charge around. It seems I have done the EA a disservice as I noticed (because girls went into the mill grounds with it being shut for Christmas) a pile of rusted shopping trolleys and also some trees, all from the river. They must be working from the mill and not from the United Utilities land next door, which is where I come through.
I am now hoping the mesh fence is removed from its place face down on the river bank, as I am sure once that is out of the way Cariad will be able to make her way along to the waterfall, and Kesh will as well.
Going dark a little later already which is positive
Had some more pics through of the babies now they are 3 weeks old and they are like baby elephants, really big and chunky. Absolutely fantastic litter and I am proud to have been a part of their ancestry.
Turkey butty for lunch, I have enough left for one more sandwich, finished my box of Thorntons Classic chocs this afternoon as well, everything coming to an end Real world re-opens tomorrow, I have to go and get a new tyre for the car anyway, doubt they'll have one in stock, but they'll put the spare on and order it for me. Garage also says I need the brakes doing, they are sourcing the relevant pads for me, but Christmas got in the way and there is a hole in my exhaust which they will weld at the same time as they do my brakes, so that is the car all up to scratch, for a while that is of course
Lynn, you'll sleep for a week when everything calms down, you must be running on empty by now
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone, sorry I have been absent again, certain celebrations got in the way!
We have had a brilliant time, I hope everyone else has too
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Moyra, best of luck with the end of year A/cs, I have the same task to do at the same time so be thinking of you
Sue, sorry I missed your birthday belated good wishes
Lynn, yes I bet you're glad to have some time to yourself
Nikki, hope Ben continues to be good, sometimes I think it's just loads of 'routine' and TLC which shapes a dogs attitude.
June, is it possible you could partially move that mesh at least enough to get past it. I know it's heavy but it might 'slide' a bit if you could just get one corner up.

There was some discussion about the 'once a year dog walkers' recently, well my gawd they all descended on Knettishal Heath yesterday, four car parks full, cars half on the road half on the grass verges, and would you believe one particulary dense muppet parked halfway across a cattle grid I turned around and went elsewhere.

We are still finishing the Christmas day left overs tonight and I suspect tomorrow too 'tho Casey & Lara will get some of our turkey. Still be mince pies and sausage rolls to finish off as well

Weather has been mild around here, we've had some wind but nothing like those in Scotland have had.

Watched some of the original Star Trek this afternoon, still think they are good even with the basic 'special effects' and almost no computer generated scenes.

The last scene from one episode:-
Capt. Kirk "Spock I think you are almost becoming human"
Spock "Capt. I refuse to stand here and be insulted like that"

They don't write lines like that anymore
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >