Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2005, 12:45 PM

ps2 problems

I wasn't sure where to put this but here goes i have a 12 year old son who has adhd and adores his ps2 it keeps him calm and me sane lol but the last few days it will not load a game it will simply load on to browser page and thats it there is no error message, i am going to have to get this fixed asap but was wondering if any of you know how expensive this will cost it is the silver one and is nearly years old i have heard it could be the lazer is this an expensive job as it sounds like it is.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Ooohh I have a son like that

OK...
Have you tried using a laser cleaning disc.. its basically a cd but it has little brush bits on it..
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi you can get a cd that will clean the lens in the Ps2, (so my son tells me), also sometimes the PS2 can have a problem reading blue cds, because its programmed really to read DVDs.
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 01:24 PM
My son's ps2 was having the same problem. It was dust on the laser and it cleared right up after cleaning.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 08:16 PM
the only thing you could try is to clean it,otherwise you might find it is cheaper to buy a new one.
or have you tried cleaning the disk? it might be the reason its not reading the game.
warm soapy water should get anything off.
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys i'll get him a disc to clean it hopefully that should work
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 07:16 AM
if a disc doesnt work try some methalated spirits on a cotton bud and just clen the lens with it sometimes the disc doesnt work
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2005, 09:21 AM
i have tried using a dvd cleaning disc but the problem is the disc wont play to clean it i have heard people say clean it yourself but how do i do this do i need to take the cover off etc i know im a bit thick lol i have found a site that tells you how to do this but one person is saying spray it with compressed air and another is saying not to as it makes the disc error worse HELP please. as my son is driving me insane
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Get a cotton bud (for cleaning ears!!!)

Did you get liquid with your cleaning disc?? if you did then drip some of that onto end of cotton bud, open up lid of PS2 and clean the laser with it...

If you didn't get liquid use VODKA!! bit expensive I know but works the saem.. then leave it open to air dry and then try it