View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for those comforting words and the hugs for the old man. Yes, it's some consolation that we tried to make up for it when we took him on, and although I posted up many a time that I'm sure he didn't love me, as the years have gone by, I now know for sure that he more than adores me He's the first one to greet me when we've both been out, he stresses when I'm not here even though he has Dave and Zena, but he's never been a demonstrative dog (bit like Dave there then lol!), but if it has to be, then I will be there for him right up to the end.

When he gets his nightime hug and I squish him on the floor holding his head, he does these strange inner groans, and the tighter I squish him, the louder they get (no, I'm not hurting him lol!) that's just his way of telling me he loves me lots ya see

It's a very strange thing, but somehow I think he knows himself, how weird is that! He's gone just like Cassie did and I just can't explain it, but it's as if he knows So sad, but we'll just have to see won't we, I'm not giving up on him yet, but he's had more than his 9 lives this dog! Thanks all, I will keep you informed as I intend to draw around that lump on a bit of wax paper and see if it's growing fast - we don't want fast, but I need to know just how fast.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Aitch, you just never know.... it could just disappear....

Try and stay positive honey - I know only too well how difficult it is to take that advice, but please try.

Huge hugs mate xxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Hugs to both you and Georgie x
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Aw,H. I'm so sorry to read this, poor old Georgie. But....we know just how determined Georgie is when he gets ill, he seems to come through like a good un!
Fingers and everything else crossed that he does it again.
Love and hugs to you all x
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-09-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm packing up all those wonderful vibes you sent me and Saba, and throwing them back at you with interest....steel yourself, but it might not be as bad as you fear.

Big hugs from all of my lot to all of yours
Deb xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks Vicki, Jo, Gill and Deb.xxx

Had a good feel around it last night, and it doesn't feel good at all, really grabbing kind of lump, and I now suspect this is the sole reason he actually has the hot spot on it, coz he doesn't like it either, so he's been licking it and caused the sore on top. It's kind of like a big pale "blister" thing now on top of the sore, but a hard one, and I can't seem to find a picture of this type of thing on Google. I'm gonna ring that vet this morning or pop in and have a further chat about this and will let you know.xxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 06:20 AM
sorry to hear the news hoping its not as bad as you think though xxxx
Healing vibes being sent from the Gang
These oldies keep us on our toes don't they x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Just popping by to offer more hugs and positive vibes xxxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Helen I refuse to agree that Georgie has had a life time of suffering. Any problems that he has had you have been on immediately and you have ensured that he has been made to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible. You have stressed, worried and fretted over him while he has been secure in the knowledge his mum will always take away any nastiness that happens.

Georgie lives a charmed life all because of you. Many people wouldn't have been able to cope with his ailments but you have time and time again.

Huge hugs to you my dear friend. I'm facing a similar situation with Dyls but like Georgie, he is oblivious to the worry and upset that we feel for them.

This is old age that is ultimately going to hasten their journey across the bridge, not a nasty, evil disease.

Lots of love to you and great big hugs to gorgeous Georgie xxxxxxxxxxx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 08:57 AM
fingers crossed here for you, and big hugs for georgieboy xxx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >