Female 

29-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Im sorry, I hope the vet is wrong
hugs to both of you
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Poor old Georgie bear. Im sorry to hear things are not great for him. I sometimes think the older they get, the harder it is to deal with. We like to think they are invincible. Give polar bear a hug from his aunty Gerri. xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh H you must be out of your mind but I have to agree with Clairendaisy we fear the future but our canine friends live for the now.
Give him a great big hug and tell him he can't be going chasing any rainbows as I have to meet him when we make it to your van.
love and hugs from us x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:08 PM
What a rotten thing to happen, just when everything seemed so upbeat with the dear old chap.

I just desperately hope that nothing sinister develops from this sore, and in the meantime send cuddles for you, Georgie, and Zena. Not Dave, cos I don't know him really!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Aw, H, so sorry you're having another issue with Georgie's skin, but like I've said before, you're a an absolutely fantastic owner and always do your best for your doglets, that there is no doubt and I'm sure you'll continue to treat this thing the best that you can. Here's hoping it clear up and isn't anything serious.

Big hugs to Georgie boy from me and my girls. xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Great big hugs for you, cuddles, ear twiddles, furfles galore for Georgie [and Zena of course].

And {{{vibes}}} and prayers - and love. xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Awwwww thanks all

He looked a bit miserable this evening, but that could be because me and Zena disappeared for an hour leaving him in the bootroom with access to his garden (he had his long walk this morning, so he couldn't come!), so I took the bandage off.

He immediately started licking it, so he got told off gently and then left it alone and zonked out on his side I don't mind telling you, I don't like the feel of it now though, and whereas if it WAS just a hot spot, red with missing fur in a big circle, then that Fuciderm would have sorted it out a bit by now, but it hasn't, it's bright red and lumpy, more lumpy towards his chest underneath the fur away from this red spot, which is about the size of a 10p piece atm.

Dave's answer is "why can't he lick it" If it is sinister it aint gonna get any better is it! Head in sand!

I'm not going to worry, I'm just going to give him more love and cuddles than normal and give him the bigger fish sticks now instead of giving them to Zena, just coz I can and because he's been such a great, big star the whole time he's spent with us here. Crying now, coz just like when it happened with Cassie, I just knew, that gut instinct is kicking in, but back then, the vet told me it wasn't, but this guy today, well, he's obviously the boss for a reason up at the hospital.

I won't be having it biopsied, I'm just going to slap on the Fuciderm and if it doesn't seem to be doing anything in a couple of days, I might just phone up and have a chat with the vet again. I wish I could remember that word he used coz I could get onto Google!

I tell you something else, even though all my previous dogs were raised from puppies, this old boy who only came to us at 5 years old, sure has made a big impression, and will be the very hardest to let go too, but as you all know, I would never in a million years let him get to the stage where he could suffer.

I know he usually bounces back, but with something like this, it's hard to believe that will happen this time round, plus the fact that I've seen it all before with Cassie. Hey ho, deal with it I will, with his welfare being of the utmost importance rather than my sadness at the thought of losing him. Poor old boy, what a life of suffering he's had, and I will make darn sure he won't be suffering at the end of it either!

Now Dave's gonna wonder what's up with me Deep breaths, and dry me eyes then..... thanks all, I'll keep you updated on how it's going, coz I know he has a huge fanbase on Dogsey.xxxxxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't normally swear.......but......bu**er.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Oh no H I do hope the vet, and that gut instinct of yours, are wrong this time. But no matter what happens, Georgie has had one of the most conscientious and loving owners he could ever have wished for and all he knows is how much he is loved. We all know you will do all in your power to keep your lad comfy and happy for as long as possible.

Hugs to Georgie from me please, and give him an extra fish stick xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Awww Helena we all hope the vet is wrong and he could be yet.

Georgie may have had a terrible life to start with but you and Dave have more than made up for that over the years and he knows it and has never been happier than when you found him.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »