Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:47 AM

Another vet visit for Georgie today

The vet kindly let me have some ab's on Friday coz that mange is rearing its ugly head again, but I'm off to see him this morning just to check it out. I really want to do what he suggested last time now, and give him a week of the ab's every month before it can take a hold.

It's quite a nightmare for me with both of them, and Zena hasn't done the home alone bit yet coz I don't want to actually do that with her until she's our only dog, she'll cope much better with it then, otherwise she'll wonder where the heck Georgie has gone without her! So I have a plan this time. I'm going to take the pair of them in there, hand Georgie over to the nurse and then put Zena back in the car, coz they both wind each other up in there (they're fine on their ownsome's but not together lol!). Let's hope my plan works

I'm sure he will be very pleased with me coz he's had a lovely bath in Hibiscrub, I've got rid of all the nasty brown bits, his skin is good, and his fur is all soft and fluffy and clean, plus he's happy and lively, so it won't be the end of the road for him today I'm sure of that.

On top of this, Zena's cut her carpal pad yet again with her harsh braking but I'm also dealing with that Plus I'm blocked in the village for a whole week coz they are doing the High Street repairs, but I will get out don't worry even though they've closed the High Street, I'm going to tell them I've got a sick dog to get to the vets (which I have!!!). Wish me luck then, I'm sure he'll be pleased with him though.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Goodluck with the fur kids Helena and I hope Georgie's vet visit goes as well as it can xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Good luck with the vets Helena.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Hope all goes well this morning
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Oh helena , good luck at the vets with your babys
Hey these dogs are hard works sometimes arnt they ?
we wouldnt have it any other way
((((((((hugs)))))))))
Good luck
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys It couldn't have gone better. My cunning plan worked, I went in with both, handed Georgie to the receptionist and Zena couldn't wait to get back out of that door and into the car (oh I know that dog so well!). Georgie was whingeing whilst I was gone coz he has SA (yes, the one dog that doesn't show me any affection has the SA and the one who adores me doesn't!)

I kept an eye on her whilst I sat there for 10 mins and she just sat looking out the window staring at the door, no stress, no panting, just a fixed gaze on that vet door! That's a result for me coz that's a first for her being left in the car alone, especially when I had taken Georgie off somewhere.

Anyhoo, the lovely vet who saw him before, said we are now going to try a different route with these ab's, in that he is giving me another week's supply, then we will try going one week without, then stretch it to two, and so on and so on, until he's on about one week every 6 which he hopes will work to keep this wretched mange at bay. There is no other way out for this old boy coz it's the cushings he has that is causing it all

I've got to go back and see him at the end of this current 2 week course, and he's not going to charge me, coz I said at £50 a week for ab's it's getting a tad expensive, so he's going to give me a reduction on that price and not charge me for my visiits and you can't get better than than, but then he IS the (semi-retired) boss of this hospital lol!

All is well, and the sun is shining, so I'll be taking them both out for a lovely, long slow amble across the south downs, life is great!
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Thats Amazing its sooo nice to hear some good news
Your vet sounds Amazing
AW i am soo pleased he is doing a little better
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
and Zena couldn't wait to get back out of that door and into the car (oh I know that dog so well!). Georgie was whingeing whilst I was gone coz he has SA (yes, the one dog that doesn't show me any affection has the SA and the one who adores me doesn't!)

I kept an eye on her whilst I sat there for 10 mins and she just sat looking out the window staring at the door, no stress, no panting, just a fixed gaze on that vet door! That's a result for me coz that's a first for her being left in the car alone, especially when I had taken Georgie off somewhere.
It's amazing but Georgies behaviour is just like Baruska, she only rarely shows any affection, but as soon as OH goes away on her own she's howling and won't move 'till she comes back.

And with the car bit, Rianna is like Zena, she will run back to the car and just look and wait, no stress or whining or anything but get her back out of the car, no way I have a theory that they think of it as a place of safety.

Anyway, it looks like you have a plan now for old Georgie which will keep this mange at bay and also keep the AB's down to minimun, I hope it works out the way you want H
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Hope the new regime works for Georgie and that was a cunning plan with Zena:

Hope you had a lovely ramble
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 04:47 PM
I hope it all works well for dear Georgie and Zena lets her pad heal before screeching to any more abrupt halts.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >