Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 02:34 PM

Need to Brag

Ok, maybe this would be better in Chat but I was uncertain so Azz can move this post if he wants

Well, I'm sick, but never being a person to lay down and moan (only when I'm very sick like getting the flu so bad I needed medication ) I decided I'd do a bit of training with Tam in the living room.

Well, to make a long story short I've been really wrestling with him doing the proper retrieve (with the sit in front and holding the dumbbell) for about 2 months. First he wouldn't let it go when told to, then he just wouldn't get that he was supposed to HOLD the dumbell and not drop it! About a week and a half ago he started holding it longer, and then we moved onto me giving it to him while he owuld be standing then giving him the cue to sit. Then onto telling him to "sit-stay", moving away then telling him to "come".

And then, today of all days!! I did a few exercises with him then decided "what the heck! I'll give a go at him with proper retreving!" I put him in the heel position, told him to stay, threw the dumbell across the room (hitting the bookshelves in the process ), and told him to "bring" To my extreme surprise he ran off, picked the dumbell up, came back to me, sat, and held it for me. He even returned to heel when I gave him the cue

So I'm sorry for wasting your time with this useless post, but I'm floating on air here!! This means that I just might have a chance to start with him in the BH1 fall trials, IF he gets better with tracking. :smt026 I keep bursting into song and hugging him
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 02:35 PM
aw clever tam tam well done kate you deserve to feel so proud
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Well done Tam, your such a cleaver boy.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Thats great GL!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Clever Tam and clever Kate
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Well done to you both
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Well done, but what will tomorrow bring? Or is he trying to impress you while you are ill?

Ian
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 04:30 PM
well done kate
thats it you get him well trained before he comes to live with me
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 04:37 PM
thanks everyone

I get ya Jackie! Is the deal still on with JJ though, cause without him it's no-go

Ian, he's done it once, so now I know he can do it and he isn't brain dead I'll just keep practicing and practicing and practicing.........

Very few Valls have ever done obedience as they don't like repetation and obedience is too confining for them Owners find it too challenging to keep them motivated So I'm going to show them all, muaha ha ha ha
Annestaff
Supervisor

23-01-2005, 04:38 PM
you go Kate, hope he does you proud.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >