View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Stainless steel all round, mine like to throw them around and maverick will bring me the water bowl if it is empty
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Stainless steel all round, mine like to throw them around and maverick will bring me the water bowl if it is empty
It's good to 'train' them to do that lol, my dog used to do that with her food bowl as a pup (well took it in the garden to eat lmao)
I've got home from college and my dogs bowl is DRY but that's because my mother doesn't care and keeps kicking it and doesn't fill it up again, poor dog
Looking at getting ceramic bowls soon though - stop her moving the bowl when she wants more food
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm afraid I must be a bit of a skinflint cos I've had the same steel bowls for about 30yrs,water bowl is ceramic
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Ceramic at home for food and water, plastic at shows when we're in the caravan.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I take it ceramics are worth it then?
I'm thinking of picking some up from wilkos tomorrow (the ones there are surprisingly heavy) so she can't move them and they're 4 pound each
Either that or a purple stainless steal for same price but harder to get hold of :s
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Stainless steel for Sadie and Louie, plastic for Benjie - no idea why and up until we got Louie we had a ceramic deep dish for Benjie's water (Sadie when she visits) but now we have a deep stainless steel one - that Louie insists must be a puddle and stands in it - often!

I wanted to get them all a new dog dish set which was like a plastic bone with two dog dish insert things - too expensive and also too small - I have "proper" dogs that quite like their food
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Stainless steel for food and water.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
I take it ceramics are worth it then?
I'm thinking of picking some up from wilkos tomorrow (the ones there are surprisingly heavy) so she can't move them and they're 4 pound each
Either that or a purple stainless steal for same price but harder to get hold of :s
I think they are worth it and thats a good price! I have thought before though - if you dropped them on a tile floor they would be goners. But for the sake of no puddles and no clanging..they are worth it!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
SLB - Iv seen those bone things, look good but look like they take up too much room for the size of the bowls....think you can store dry food in them though? Underneath?
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:10 PM
In the kitchen it's stainless steel, for both food & ...air (he never drinks from it so I've stopped using it.)
In the garden he drinks from either an old ceramic rabbit bowl or a plant trough.
At work (market) he drinks from a plastic 'micro noodle' bowl.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >