View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Bowls go in the dishwasher after each meal, so do the kongs at the end of each day. Bedding doesn't really get washed, as I use old duvet covers on top of them and they are changed daily on both beds, so the beds just get hoovered once every now and then to hoover up crumbs etc. and shaken outside sometimes, but they're never dirty as such. When I spray with the Indorex, the beds get a good dosing too and then left outside for a while. The rope balls get put in the dishwasher too every other day or so coz they get a bit manky, but not other toys coz they're not used enough, they just sit in the basket.

Only the top of the car bedding is changed every day, which again, although a plastic covered foam type flat thing is underneath, I throw a towel over that and then an old duvet cover on top of that, so just the top cover gets changed daily.

I'm doing more washing here than if I had a baby!!!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
I wash Jins bowls everyday, using boiling water (metal bowls) and scrubbings.....occasionally using squeezy soap and rinsing well.

I just washed a bunch of her blankies and soft toys with scolding water as they were beginning to smell.....

Her vet bed for her crate has arrived and I am thinking of getting one or two more (one in wash, one spare type thing).

How often, and with what, do you wash your doggy things?
bowls everyday - i do them once ive finished washing the pots with her own sponge.

Bedding once a week on bath day

Soft toys go in wash with bedding.

Plastic ones get a soak in sink once a week
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Toys have never been washed (but most dont even get played with and are kept in a toybox anyway), beds are washed probably once every few months (parents dont like them in the washing machine because they clog the drum up with hairs and transfer them onto our clothes). Bowls get a rinse out only if the dogs dont lick them completely clean (but bowls are used infrequently as they are fed RMB's).
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Stuff goes in the dishwasher as and when there's spare space (kongs and bowls).
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Mine eat poo and who knows what, so I'm really not fussed about washing food bowls on a daily basis. I wash them once in a blue moon but they never look grubby -- the food isn't in there long enough for that to happen.

Water bowl I do keep clean and wash every few days (rinsed and topped up several times a day, usually).

Bedding -- never for my big two dogs beds as they are waterproof. Once in blue moon for Tilly's. I think I've washed it once in the last year or so.

Toys? what toys? any toys mine get are quickly destroyed and certainly don't last long enough to be washed. Even if they did, I wouldn't wash them.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I wash his bowls about once a week. Bedding is washed as and when i have plenty of blankets so i just rotate them until i get a good drying day with not much other washing to do and just shove it all in. The only toy i wash is his kong when its been stuffed other than that i don't wash any toys. All his toys are outside so it wouldn't be worth it and they don't normally last more than a couple of weeks if that.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Food bowls a couple of times a week generally and if they actually look dirty then I wash them but this is rare!
Bedding when needs it.
Toys never washed unless need it/or kong has had raw meat in.

Can't imagine washing bedding and car blankets every day!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Bedding is washed most Sundays, but we spend alot of time at the beach so the blankets get shook every morning & thats it.
The water dishes get washed out every now & then as they are outside constantly getting filled & the food dishes get done every fdw days , their bowls arent washed everyday, more like onve ecery few days
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 10:38 AM
her bedding is washed every week along with her her crate I disonfect that. Her bowls are washed every day before use her toys get washed once a month.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Tegs_mum;2318037]Food bowls a couple of times a week generally and if they actually look dirty then I wash them but this is rare!
Bedding when needs it.
Toys never washed unless need it/or kong has had raw meat in.

Can't imagine washing bedding and car blankets every day![/QUOTE]

You would if you had an old, incontinent dog who chooses to poo in the car on the way to his morning walk Then when he gets back, he goes into the paddling pool, then finds a nice bit of dirt to walk into before coming back indoors and plonking himself into bed making the cover all wet and muddy! Good job my washing machine can cope though
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >