Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I work in a hospice with people who are dying from cancer (as well as some people with other terminal illness). So yes, I would go ahead with the jab (especially as cervical cancer runs in my family).

I sometimes think the media finds a link and runs with it just to stir everyone up. If there was a problem with the vaccine, surely there would have been more cases of mortality associated with it?
I agree. I suppose I feel safer than a lot of other parents because my 13 year old has had the jabs and has been absolutely fine (apart from a sore arm which is totally expected/understandable).
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Not sure if this has been posted already as I haven't read back for a while, but it has just been on the Radio 2 news that the girl who died allegedly had a malignant tumour in her chest and probably would have died at any time, regardless of having the cervical cancer vaccine or not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8284517.stm

Although this girls tumour wasn't recognised at the time, I guess they now have to look in to what conditions an individual has already and decide whether or not it's safe to have particular types of vaccines, such as this one.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already as I haven't read back for a while, but it has just been on the Radio 2 news that the girl who died allegedly had a malignant tumour in her chest and probably would have died at any time, regardless of having the cervical cancer vaccine or not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8284517.stm

Although this girls tumour wasn't recognised at the time, I guess they now have to look in to what conditions an individual has already and decide whether or not it's safe to have particular types of vaccines, such as this one.
Thanks Westie. If only they would but many have underlying conditions, don't they? I've never even been shown the patient information leaflets, nor had side effects explained to me.

Another underlying condition that's been in the news recently is Mitochondrial Dysorder. Hannah Poling actually managed to get awarded vaccine damage compensation by the US Government:

http://www.express.co.uk/features/vi...or-s-MMR-fears
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
This whole story has made me so angry. I think that no one knew about the girl having a malignant tumour, but, as usual, the media has jumped on the story and made many many people feel scared for no reason.

If they'd waited a couple of days for the autopsy then they would have known there was no link to the vaccine - I'm concluding from the information that she would have died then even if she'd had no vaccine?

But then it wouldn't have been a story would it

I guess it depends on your life experiences how you think about certain things, but for me, any safeguarding against cervical cancer (or any cancer) is a good thing.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5