Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 04:06 PM

We're fostering!

A dog that was found in Sheffield recently is due to be put to sleep tomorrow but mum has agreed that I can go and pick her up on Monday (the rescue know this and are holding her an extra day) and take T to make sure they get on.

Then it's all about introducing them as Takara can be funny at first with other dogs in her house!

We don't know how long we'll be keeping her for, she's a GSDx with black and tan markings and thought to be young. Takara was bitten by a black GSD when she was a baby but has played with them since and holds no grudges thankfully!
We know nothing about her, apart from that she seems well looked after and very friendly.
We don't know her name and she hasn't been renamed because we believe the owner is out there somewhere.

She's being rehomed to us on a temporary basis only and as soon as we find her owner or a rescue to take her she will go to them. The Sheffield Dog Shelter can take her but not for a while.

Any advice on introducing them would be greatly appreciated. Obviously we know to feed them in separate rooms and remove all toys so they don't fight over them. I thought our stairgate fitted on the kitchen door but it doesn't so I will try and find one to borrow to try and introduce them via that. They'll be introduced on neutral ground and again in the garden as it's quite new to Takara so she's less territorial over it.

I've asked the guy who found her to bring her in to the house rather than me bringing her in, is this a good idea? Takara didn't like me bringing my friend's dog in but was fine when he brought his dog in himself.

Thanks
Lottie
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 05:20 PM
UPDATE! The dog has already been found a place in the Animal Welfare Sanctuary in Barnsley where she'll be looked after and rehomed if her owners don't come forward!

We don't need to foster her anymore (which is probably a good thing!) and hopefully she'll find her home, or a new home soon!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2006, 12:35 AM
It was kind of you to offer to foster Lottie
Glad the dog has found somwhere..
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 08:43 AM
at least there are people like you to make sure they have places to stay hopefully the owners will be found
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 12:30 PM
It was very nice of you though to try and help. I hope she gets sorted out soon.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Sam has been given the number for the rescue so I think he's going to keep checking up on her until she finds a home!

She touched our hearts for some reason more than other dogs do, I can understand why with Sam because he found her and was naturally concerned as due to his allergies he couldn't keep her until she was claimed.

But, for some reason she touched me and my mum more - she even touched my mum enough for my mum to agree to fostering her!

I'm so glad she has found a place, we would've fostered her but it wouldn't have been easy and she hasn't been tested with other dogs, cats, children (although she seemed like a lovely dog), we had no name for her and she'd come from a pound so needed innoculations etc.

I still think it's amazing what a little bit of faith and someone who really cares can do! They found a place for her the day before she was due to be pts. Don't know about you but I think she should be renamed Faith or Lucky!!