Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 09:16 PM

Tesco Rage....

I had a spot of Tesco rage over the weekend whilst doing some shopping and just wanted to make sure it's not just me!!

So i had done the majority of my shopping and thought i'd just take a quick look down the freezers aisles to see if there were any good offers. So anyway i'm looking browsing away and there's this oldish woman and her hubby with a full trolley. This woman picks up a bag of chips out her trolley, squeezes them and then says to her hubby "oooh i'll just swap these as they've nearly defrosted already".

At this point i shot her a look and said "i know they're only chips but do you realise you can make people ill from re-freezing defrosted food?" At which point she huffed, and walked off probably to put the chips back.

Is it just me or is this not completely wrong?? If she does it with chips then whats to say she doesn't do the same with meat or fish. I think i will now be avoiding buying frozen foods!!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I agree. I never take the top item from the fridge or freezer in the supermarket for that precise reason. I dig deep!

I always leave the frozen stuff til last when I shop, make sense so things don't defrost while you're walking round looking/picking other stuff.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 06:19 PM
It's not just you Esme.
It makes me mad when I see people open a freezer take something out and stand with it in their hands gazing around and then decide to put it back.
Even in that short time the temperature of food can rise significantly
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 06:19 PM
That's why I always dig deep, right down to the bottom, nearlycome a cropper a few times, as I'm only 5'

Elaine xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:02 PM
You were absolutely right to say something, Esme.

I always buy frozen immediately before heading towards the checkout. I thought everyone with a brain did that.....

x0x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I have to admit I am a ****** for not putting things back if I change my mind but I would NEVER do it with frozen foods!! that is so dangerous.

Well done you for speaking up.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi,

I've always done the frozen food shopping last; not just for the reason of it defrosting whilst walking roudn the store but so it doesn't defrost on the way home.

elaine - Sorry I had to laugh. I visualised you with your head disappeared inside a huge chest freezer with your ar$e sticking up in the air and legs flying about! Sorry!

Laura xx
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2009, 09:42 PM
LOL i wouldnt say anything because i wouldnt take notice of issues like that and if i did notice it happening, it wouldnt even occur to me i was seeing anything wrong.
im more interested in getting out of the soulless brain sapping place in less than 10 mins.....so if her trolley got in my way, i might chat to her then!
nothing worse than people that stroll around in a trance stopping their trolleys dead in front of you (ditto pedestrians window shopping).
you wouldnt do that in your car!