Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2023, 10:50 AM

St Georges Sunday 23.4.23

Good morning all on this Saint Georges day and also London marathon day

Chris how is your brother my Uncle had Parkinson's and its a very misunderstood condition I think. Hugs to you all

Bit overcast here and not a great day for sitting out and reading however off out for lunch with friends shortly and then simply nothing I dead headed the daffs in the tubs yesterday so that's sorted and planted out some Osteospermum cuttings I took last year only 5 survived (my error) however they are called "Tresco Purple" if anyone wants to look them up only small but should do well now in full sun and getting their feet under the proverbial compost so to speak

So not much more to say apart from shower time and then dinner time

Have a great day everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2023, 11:27 AM
Good afternoon Kazz and all that pop in

My brother isn't doing well Kazz. He's in pain and can't swallow. We can't get over to see him but I'm being updated. My sister goes as well as his wife and three kids with their partners, but after a few minutes he tells them to go. Until the Parkinson's kept him bedridden, he was the most active of all of us and the fittest. For the last 12 months he says he just wants to die and none of us know how to respond. Talking on the phone is now impossible as his speech is so bad. For his sake, but not ours, I hope he goes peacefully in his sleep
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2023, 11:29 AM
Afternoon all
It's not too bad weather wise here, mix of all sorts really
Off to take dinner down to my uncle and his mate later....gave Steve his yesterday.
Hurt my hip walking yesterday so having a bit of difficulty getting up and walking around, hopefully should be better in a few days
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2023, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon Kazz and all that pop in

My brother isn't doing well Kazz. He's in pain and can't swallow. We can't get over to see him but I'm being updated. My sister goes as well as his wife and three kids with their partners, but after a few minutes he tells them to go. Until the Parkinson's kept him bedridden, he was the most active of all of us and the fittest. For the last 12 months he says he just wants to die and none of us know how to respond. Talking on the phone is now impossible as his speech is so bad. For his sake, but not ours, I hope he goes peacefully in his sleep
Sounds like my uncle. Massive hugs to all of you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2023, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Afternoon all
It's not too bad weather wise here, mix of all sorts really
Off to take dinner down to my uncle and his mate later....gave Steve his yesterday.
Hurt my hip walking yesterday so having a bit of difficulty getting up and walking around, hopefully should be better in a few days
Changed from meals on wheels to Meals on one leg then Griff
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2023, 03:12 PM
Lol...was already that way before Kazz, I am just relieved it is the same side as my knackered knee
Food dropped off, plates collected ready for next week. I need to try and get some photos together for him