View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 01:49 AM
I caught that on too - 12 week old pup only being fed twice a day........

We do same feeding regime as Greyhawk.

Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
He is only just 12 weeks old isn't he??

In which case it only sounds like you are feeding him 2 meals a day - one before you go to work early morning and one mid evening. We feed ours 4 meals a day up until they are 12 weeks old, then it drops down to 3 meals a day until they are 6 months. At 6 months we then go down to 2 meals a day which they remain on. No wonder the poor little mite is hungry!

He also would need worming again if it has been a month since he was last done given his age.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
He is only just 12 weeks old isn't he??

In which case it only sounds like you are feeding him 2 meals a day - one before you go to work early morning and one mid evening. We feed ours 4 meals a day up until they are 12 weeks old, then it drops down to 3 meals a day until they are 6 months. At 6 months we then go down to 2 meals a day which they remain on. No wonder the poor little mite is hungry!

He also would need worming again if it has been a month since he was last done given his age.
I have to kinda agree here...we do 5meals until their 12weeks, and then drop to 4meals until their 16weeks, then down to 3meals until their 6months and then all being well down to 2meals.
Pups need small meals spread out over the day in my opinion..and having a toy breed, the more small meals spread out over the day the better.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:07 PM
How is he now? Been wondering about him.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2