View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I had this the other day when taking Remy to the vets, an Asian man walked up someones drive to avoid her I looked and laughed and said "Its okay, she's doesn't want to talk to you either!!" (I am quite protective about my babies ) Thing is I always keep my lot to heel whoever is near, just incase they are upset by dogs....
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Think this is a cultural thing. I worked with a girl from Northern India. She had been brought up on a farm. Rice and cattle. They had a Doberman who was there purely there to guard. He lived in a kennel/run. He did not even have a name! The cattle however were washed daily as they were a milking herd and were part of the family income. She was amazed that I allowed my dogs and cat to live in the house! A big no no where she came from!
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I live in Derby and i regularly take my two pugs on the train to visit my parents because I get free travel, and lets face it, theyre only tiny dogs, they dont cause much disturbance.

The last time we got on the train 2 Indian girls shot out of their seats faster than rockets... One of them even started crying, and the dogs hadn't been anywhere near either of them.

I don't mind people taking a dislike to dogs, in fact I'm usually pretty sympathetic. When I was younger I was scared of dogs too... but when she shouted out "they're so dirty, they shouldnt be allowed on public transport"... well that p*ssed me off. I [regretably I admit] told her my dogs are not dirty, and they definitely smell better than she does.

It's not usually in my nature to have a go at people like that because I dont like conflict, but I see no reason why people should feel ashamed or embarrassed to take their dogs out in public... just because others want to make a scene.

I hope nobody takes offense to this message, but its just the way i think!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I don`t think dog-phobics are confined to any section - I`ve all sorts clutch their children to their bosoms to avoid being eaten by my (uninterested ) dogs.
A friend recently told me about her elderly shtzu causing a panic in passing teenage boys! They said it should be muzzled.
I think it`s mosttly over-protective parents who are scared of dogs themselves, so it`s good if you can get the kids on your side.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
The delivery curry man won't even come down our drive. He rings from the top (and it is only the length of the car!) and asks us to shut the dog away before he delivers our tea!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
The delivery curry man won't even come down our drive. He rings from the top (and it is only the length of the car!) and asks us to shut the dog away before he delivers our tea!
lol, our delivery men {cos dougie has a few diff ones that come } all love the dogs, as the dogs love them,, for obvious reasons,, greedy sods,
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I had this the other day when taking Remy to the vets, an Asian man walked up someones drive to avoid her I looked and laughed and said "Its okay, she's doesn't want to talk to you either!!" (I am quite protective about my babies ) Thing is I always keep my lot to heel whoever is near, just incase they are upset by dogs....
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Think this is a cultural thing. I worked with a girl from Northern India. She had been brought up on a farm. Rice and cattle. They had a Doberman who was there purely there to guard. He lived in a kennel/run. He did not even have a name! The cattle however were washed daily as they were a milking herd and were part of the family income. She was amazed that I allowed my dogs and cat to live in the house! A big no no where she came from!
Same culture. Funny thing is when they are thier side of the fence they keep going ''Woof Woof' at the dogs, but let the dogs out the front..................all hell breaks loose, they all run in different directions.

I felt sorry for one of them some months back, he turned at full speed ran............ and ran '''SMACK''' into his dads car...nearly knocked himself out.
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
rather unrelated... but our next door neighbour is separated from his first wife and has a young daughter of about 7 that comes to visit on the weekend.

he owns a JR called Poppy that his daughter is allowed to play with, so when she knocked on our door and asked to play with the pugs I didn't mind.

I went out the front 3 minutes later to check on her and she was picking up stones from the driveway and THROWING it at the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can imagine how furious I was. Now i'm really careful about who plays with mine.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I surprised they never get bit, the way they run and scream whenever they see dogs
You really need to explain to them that by doing that they are acting just like frightened animals in the dogs eyes, but of course that would not be PC would it !!!
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Same culture. Funny thing is when they are thier side of the fence they keep going ''Woof Woof' at the dogs, but let the dogs out the front..................all hell breaks loose, they all run in different directions.

I felt sorry for one of them some months back, he turned at full speed ran............ and ran '''SMACK''' into his dads car...nearly knocked himself out.
Cant stop laughing at your last comment!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »