Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:05 AM

Not sure if this really is to do with diet and nutrition but,

does anyone have any ideas how i can stop Tonks eating cat poo?!

Luckily (if you can say luckily in a sentance like this) it is my cat's poo so i know that the cat is wormed etc.

At the moment i go out with her everymorning and it is a race to see if i can find it and pick it up before Tonks does her own clearing up act.

I know how to stop dogs eating their own but not cats! We have been away for the week and i noticed that Tonks had a far less runny tummy and i think this is because there wasn't any cats stuff around...........also she wasn't raiding the cats bowl whenever she could .............but that's a different problem!
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Sorry, but I cant help you,
Dogs like poo! And there is a lot of poo around here. Deer, fox, badger and moose. Not to mention around the stable. The only way I can prevent her from eating it is to keep her on lead at all times. Does'nt seem to harm her even if those animals (except the horses) are not wormed.

Nav
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Sorry no advice.......we have five cats and the dogs race to thier's too, I was once told by a vet I worked for that it tastes of the cats food, if that makes sense, and dogs love cat food, although not advisable to feed them on. Me I just hope I win the race
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh well - guess i will be continuing the race then.

I must remember to open the poo bags before i go into the garden....you cna never get them open quickly when you need to!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Oh well - guess i will be continuing the race then.

I must remember to open the poo bags before i go into the garden....you cna never get them open quickly when you need to!!
we sometimes get treated to a nice one too.....Bruce fetches it in to CHOMP on..........disgusting little tyke
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
we sometimes get treated to a nice one too.....Bruce fetches it in to CHOMP on..........disgusting little tyke
Ew! Thank god she doesn't do that - yet!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Ew! The cat has just brought up the most enormous hair ball! It was about 6 inches long and she gave virtually no warning!

Luckily Tonks was snoozing and was only roused by the odd noise, i whipped her into her crate and cleaned up - don't want her to get a taste for them too!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Once you find the answer to this question, catrin let the rest of us know. Dogs love poo. The more the better. Cat poo seems to be extra special, I think it's only beaten by the extra smelly fox poo. Perhaps it would be easier to make her gargle a good mouth wash. LOL

Heidi
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I have this problem too - someone at work said they like it as cat food has such a high level of protein or something..not sure if there is any truth in that. We try to stop Hamish using a 'leave' command but his selective hearing can kick in!

If you find a solution I'd like to know! I wonder if there is anything a cat would like to eat that would make it taste nasty (or nastier?!) that might put dogs off?

Deedee xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Deedee1321 View Post
I have this problem too - someone at work said they like it as cat food has such a high level of protein or something..not sure if there is any truth in that. We try to stop Hamish using a 'leave' command but his selective hearing can kick in!

If you find a solution I'd like to know! I wonder if there is anything a cat would like to eat that would make it taste nasty (or nastier?!) that might put dogs off?

Deedee xx
That's what i had heard too Deedee. No answers so far but i suppose it's nice to know that other people are suffering too!

I'm still doing the race, but haven't found it this morning, so either she got there first, the cat hasn't done it yet ......or she has gone outside the garden. I'm sure my neighbours are glad that the cat uses my garden rather than theirs!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >