Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 08:31 PM

Rolo has finished his rally obedience improvers course

and we can now join the rally club. We have a chance to do agility soon, but dont think i physically would cope! I am going to go along to the rally club and then see if he wants to go on and do any competitions.

I really believe that keeping up with the formal training is helping with my handling of him and his obedience in general especially at an age which could prove difficult of 11months.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Good luck with the Rally Obedience.

I've just googled it as I hadn't looked into it much, they have signs you can download so I am going to have a practice with Cooper and Harry
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Woohoo! Well done!

Jake's last basic training class is next week, we are then doing advanced, and then...agility! I nearly gave up but it is worth it! Well done! I do think it helps them as much as it teaches us.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I dont think i have the physical capacity for agility in me! so would let him down. We are learning the apdt rally one which doesnt allow for food rewards on the course so is harder than uk rally etc at the lower level),

I think it is good and i think as we have worked up from 12 weeks doing puppy, puppy improver then rally and rally improver, we are now ready to join the club and progress more with the level two and then see where we go for level three.

It is a newish thing but combines nicely the obedience which i dont want to be formal enough to do full on obedience and yet some agility but not full on with that also, so it suits me and he seems to enjoy the focus.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Good luck with the Rally Obedience.

I've just googled it as I hadn't looked into it much, they have signs you can download so I am going to have a practice with Cooper and Harry
We have completed all level one and bonus and some level two, it does include some elements of agility as in low jumps etc and we are now going to progress within the club to more distance control, this is something else that i feel will benefit our general walks etc, just keeping the focus on learning and listening/obeying!

We are new to dogs full stop and i think this is doing us (well me) as much good, we seem to get a lot of compliments about both dogs behaviour and this must come down in part to the training we have done with one or both of them, rolo has been trained almost weekly since 12 weeks old in one form or another, so 8 months.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I went along to a Rally class but it was the Talking Dogs one (an obedience club changed it to make it basically obedience with signs) and it really wasn`t fun.
I`ve seen another which I might go to - I`m hoping it`s more like the original sport they do in the US which is about having fun.