View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2010, 07:58 AM

Previcox (How long does it take to work?)

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes for it to be working at its bestplease?
This is Shadys 3rd day but she is still looking rather stiff and sore although not quite as bad as she was.
Is it a drug that takes a few days to get in the system or does it work immeadietly?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Can anyone please tell me how long it takes for it to be working at its bestplease?
This is Shadys 3rd day but she is still looking rather stiff and sore although not quite as bad as she was.
Is it a drug that takes a few days to get in the system or does it work immeadietly?
hi
i would be hoping there would be some effect by now

there are other nsaid's that can be tried..why did your vet chose previcox as first line? does shady have raised liver/kidney parameters?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi
i would be hoping there would be some effect by now

there are other nsaid's that can be tried..why did your vet chose previcox as first line? does shady have raised liver/kidney parameters?
No her liver/kidney parameteres are ok as far as I know, not sure why thats what he gave her, I just told him after exercise and then resting she becomes very stiff and in a lot of pain with her back legs and has trouble getting up and then hobbles till she gets going and her legs pop and crack a lot. Once moving she seems fine, although on his examination one leg she would not let him touch as it was obviously very painful, he then gave me a weeks supply of previcox and said he thought that would sort the problem.
I give them to her with her breakfast in the morning, althoughshe didn't seem as stiff last night she was still a bit sore and still popping and cracking well.
She hasn't been for her run yet today (waiting for the snow to hopefully clear) so she is ok at the moment.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Id have expected to have worked by now