Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I have used Delvesterone in the past with excellent results,with absolutely no side effects at all, but I do know ofpeople using it on their bitches and having problems. I usually found the best time to give it was inbetween seasons but it can be used on the first couple of days of a season.But what you have and must remember is you are tampering with your girls hormones. Go and have a chat with your vet, discuss the pros and cons. then make a descision

Thanks for the advice, is it an injection and does it just stop one season and normally do the bitches go back to normal.
This is actually looking like a viable option, just wish it was one of the older girls not the one who hasnt had a litter and I want to mate next.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes it is a jab, and yes I have succesfully mated a bitch after but I did let her have a season before I mated her. some people use it all the time, something i would never do it was given between two seasons, and if i remember rightly,3mths, 4mths then every 5mths, Have a chat with your vet,there may well be other options

Jeanette
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Cheers Janette,
Dice is going with his ears next week, I'll have a chat with him. I wouldnt normally bother but its Christmas and mums not getting any younger.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Cheers Janette,
Dice is going with his ears next week, I'll have a chat with him. I wouldnt normally bother but its Christmas and mums not getting any younger.
Sorry, slightly OT but I couldn't resist, I'd like to see you take him without his ears

Good luck, hope you find something that works for you and your girl.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
The rolling eyes didnt help and the implication the work would be too much.
Oh for goodness sake, someones in a bad mood, I did not put rolling eyes in, I put the 'confused' in (as in I was confused as to how they would fight when they don't have access to one another) and anyone who is reasonable will admit its extra work crating them etc (providing more exercise, rotating who is 'out'.....) You could have just explained that situation.

You do what you want, Iv informed you of a contraceptive injection thats available (which I believe is what you wanted to know about) and that the vet will go through risks etc with you (long and varied list when I enquired, could never reliably reel them off now, which is why I said I didn't know about that) Sorry for trying to help. You mentioned kennels, I advised booking early as I know some will be full already. I made a suggestion, you can't use it, big deal. No need to go getting 'off' with people and making snippy comments about lectures. Plenty breeders use crates etc when they have a female in season, so I didn't think it was such a bad thing to suggest at the time.

Wasn't the intention to offend you but obviously you are offended so I won't bother trying to help in future.

Good luck with your situation anyway.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=Dobermann;2081744]Oh for goodness sake, someones in a bad mood, I did not put rolling eyes in, I put the 'confused' in (as in I was confused as to how they would fight when they don't have access to one another) and anyone who is reasonable will admit its extra work crating them etc (providing more exercise, rotating who is 'out'.....) You could have just explained that situation.

You do what you want, Iv informed you of a contraceptive injection thats available (which I believe is what you wanted to know about) and that the vet will go through risks etc with you (long and varied list when I enquired, could never reliably reel them off now, which is why I said I didn't know about that) Sorry for trying to help. You mentioned kennels, I advised booking early as I know some will be full already. I made a suggestion, you can't use it, big deal. No need to go getting 'off' with people and making snippy comments about lectures. Plenty breeders use crates etc when they have a female in season, so I didn't think it was such a bad thing to suggest at the time.

Wasn't the intention to offend you but obviously you are offended so I won't bother trying to help in future.

Good luck with your situation anyway.[

I didnt ask advise on crating and seperating I asked advice on the contraceptives available.
Your reply was condesending to say the least.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=morganstar;2081747]
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Oh for goodness sake, someones in a bad mood, I did not put rolling eyes in, I put the 'confused' in (as in I was confused as to how they would fight when they don't have access to one another) and anyone who is reasonable will admit its extra work crating them etc (providing more exercise, rotating who is 'out'.....) You could have just explained that situation.

Good luck with your situation anyway.[

I didnt ask advise on crating and seperating I asked advice on the contraceptives available.
Your reply was condesending to say the least.

I'm not here to argue, I think your taking things a bit too far and as I said;
I made a suggestion, you can't use it, big deal.
and
Good luck with your situation anyway
End of.

Bye!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I have used Delvesterone in the past with excellent results,with absolutely no side effects at all, but I do know ofpeople using it on their bitches and having problems. I usually found the best time to give it was inbetween seasons but it can be used on the first couple of days of a season.But what you have and must remember is you are tampering with your girls hormones. Go and have a chat with your vet, discuss the pros and cons. then make a descision

I had to use it on a rescue bitch as she had a heart condition that mean she could not have a GA. She died shortly after having a terrible reaction to the injection. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now & instead use Supreloren on the boys
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
The injection can be given within a couple of days of the season starting .
I used it once on a bitch I had rescued and who immediately came in season.
The injection worked well , it stopped the season and she had absolutely no side effects . She was spayed 3 months later .
I would not use it all the time but as a one off in an emergency I would use it .
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I had to use it on a rescue bitch as she had a heart condition that mean she could not have a GA. She died shortly after having a terrible reaction to the injection. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now & instead use Supreloren on the boys
Seconded. I've heard all sorts of things for bitches (I asked alot of people at shows a few years ago) some people found the bitch never carried a litter full term, others had bitches who had bad reactions and became anywhere from mild to seriously unwell. Our bitches are all now speyed so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

That said, Oliver (my entire dog), has had a Supreloren injection with no problems at all, the statistics in regards to affecting fertility are far lower and very rare which is the advice two different vets gave us.

We paid £88.50 for the Supreloren just to give you an idea of costings if you decide to look at that option, and it takes six weeks to take full affect.

H x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >