Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 01:01 PM

First Bath

Have just given Varg his first bath before going to Manchester, you would have thought I was trying to disembowel him. We have a corner bath, so I sat on the shelf bit in my underwear, not a pretty sight, and my husband lifted the Varg into the bath. He was delighted.

Had already prepared a jug of shampoo mixed with water and gentle dribbled some on his neck, when he returned from the ceiling I gentle massaged it into his coat, this sequence was repeated about 24 times as I covered those parts of the body that required the attention of the shampoo.

It was then time for the most heinous of implements the shower head spitting water, well the shampoo episode paled into the insignificant past, this was war, he and I against the water beast, he screamed, I bled, the bath rug in the bottom of the bath, put there to avoid slipping, turns red, with my blood, and is kicked, along with me, into a defeated ball.

Well in the end, he gave up before I did and stood with his head on my shoulder, panting, and let my husband complete the job, and pass me towels to remove the worse of the water and blood. Once out of the bath he was his normal sensible happy self and is holding no grudge against me.

Someone remind me how much fun showing is.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh Jackie!!! It sounds like you had great fun ...poor little Varg .Frankie sends his sympathy to his 1/2 brother !!
Frankie gets his bath tomorrow along with the other 2(debating on the 'full monty' or 'bums and tums' at the min)....but my lot all LOVE the bath...the biggest hardship is trying to get them to stand up as they fall asleep cos they're too relaxed!!!!! :smt003
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 01:23 PM
poor you JH would have been great to watch though (with you with more clothes on of course )
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 01:23 PM
We had similar problems with Duncan till we realised he hates warm water if it's freezing from the tap he tolerates it but the moment we introduce warm water he freaks !
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm lucky I have never had to bath Blackie, watch my luck run out. I did howeve had to bath one of my previous BC's shep, he fought like mad then eventually he went quiet, so I relaxed, BIG mistake! as soon as I turned to get some more water he made one big jump for it and out he came with half the water with him! I am only pleased I had the door shut and plenty towels on the floor, when I went back to clean the bath out, I found that he had made such a spring for freedom that he had actually cracked the bath. I never trusted him again.

Ian
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Yes, you may have a point, when at some time during the bout he jumped on the tap and turned the hot water off he seemed happier, blue nipples anyone.

Mind you he was even happier when he managed to turn both taps off, but my husband thought the plumbing had failed, can't please all the people all the time.

Was replying to Julie. Have not inspected the bath yet, better take a look after I have filled a glass.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 06:25 PM
lol
we've given up with the bath now
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I can't get Teagan in the bath!
Luckily, I have an x-tra large shower, with a seat, so I go in with just my underwear on, and shower Teagan!
Kingsley fits in the sink
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Jas loves his baths.

He will quite hapily stand there whilst I turn the shower on. He'll even sit in the bath as the water is running over him
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 08:45 AM

No really, poor you Spitzes seem the worst to bath for some reason. First time I did Tamino I bled as well, the bathroom ceiling got a wash, and somehow the bathroom got flooded

He's ok now though, just stands there like I'm killing him. So Varg will get better (eventually )
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >