Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Coll2460
New Member!
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Home wanted for my dear old boy

Hi there,
wonder if anyone can help me find a loving home for my dear old man (16 years I believe) Argle (Argie affectionately called). Due to personal change of circumstances I have had to move where I cannot keep him.
We have been together for 13 years, he was an abondoned/stray who came to me from Woodgreen Animal Shelter. so want him to be loved just as much.
He's a gentle boy retriever/collie cross with a tail that never stops gently wagging. Loves walks, but is just as happy to sleep as old men do. House trained, Grown up in a busy family environment,good with children of all ages and adults. Good with other dogs and cats. Can be left without any problems. Located in Peterborough, Cambs.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, any advice or help in my search gratefully received.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:16 AM
How very sad for you. Have you tried the Oldies Club and the Cinnamon Trust, both of which help in this sort of situation?
Here are the links in case you haven`t...
http://www.oldies.org.uk/
http://www.cinnamon.org.uk/

edited to add: Because he came from Woodgreen, they may help as well. Most rescues ask that the dog returns to them if there is a need for rehoming.
shyart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:20 AM
owwww thats so sad when he has been with you so long Maybe the poor little thing will not do so good in a new home on account of him pineing for you and on account of his age.I personaly could never part with a dog of that age and which had been with me for so long.I really pitty your decision on this you must be terribly distrought.I wish you the best of luck.Its great to meet you anyway.
niki
xxx
Coll2460
New Member!
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you for the links I will contact them immediately. I know it sounds silly, but I want to try and not have him go into kennels, he deserves more. Big thanksx
Coll2460
New Member!
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:17 AM
It is probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make. Thanks for you kind thoughts.x
spot
Dogsey Veteran

06-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Coll2460 View Post
Thank you for the links I will contact them immediately. I know it sounds silly, but I want to try and not have him go into kennels, he deserves more. Big thanksx
It certainly does not sound silly it sounds like you want the very best for him

As ClaireandDaisy said try the oldies club - they do a fantastic dog and maybe able to get him into a foster home.

I feel for you it must be heartbreaking.
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-03-2009, 11:55 AM
hi
i cant help but i just want to say haw sorry i am to hear you have to part with him hope you find some where nice for him.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm so sorry you have to make this decision.

Big hugs to you - hope you manage to find another perfect home for your oldie xxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I hope you manage to find your old boy a lovely home. Good luck x
Kay1794
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi, I know you posted this back in March but I don't suppose you have found anywhere yet? If you haven't, I may be able to help you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >