Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2016, 06:23 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday. April 14

Good morning everyone, none too bright out there this morning. Ambers having her breakfast so will soon be ready for her walk.

Glad Dillon and Casey seem to be improving on their legs.
Hope Rosie is now well again.

I hope Mr Fritz is doing ok, we haven't heard from Norma in a while. We also haven't heard how Eileen got on with her trip to Liverpool. Mind you I would imagine the twins must keep her and Sarah pretty busy.

Have a good day everyone, look after yourselves, God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2016, 06:49 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow,
Rosie is fine now thank you Moyra.
It keeps raining here, really different to yesterday which is a shame as I've got a day off.
Hope you and Amber have a good walk. I'm hoping it dries up later so I can take Rosie out. I'm off into town this morning as I've a couple bits to get. Lauryn has just gone off to college.
Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Morning Moyra and Mandy and all to follow.
Not too nice here today either Moyra and mandy not raining but cold and overcast. So different to yesterday.
Dilon stiffened up later in the day yesterday and seems a stiff again today, probably need the rest of the injections before we see any real change. Hopefully.
He seems to be tolerating it so far though so that's good.

Harvey it could be the cruciate ligament. Ollie's were going at 41/2. Glad to hear everything seems to be going in the right direction with Casey. The arch we got you can extend the width not sure you can reduce it though.
No falling in the river today June.
griff hows your mum's friend ?
Mandy hope the rain stops so you can get Rosie out.

Just tidying up today and walking Dillon.
Hope everyone and four legged friends are well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2016, 08:21 AM
First call of the day from my friend, with what should have been good news, but somehow managed to turn it into a disaster with 'what ifs' whilst all this was going on she missed an important call she was waiting for, you know when you want to slap people, well thats how I feel already
Dull and overcast this morning, but not raining, we've got it forecast for tomorrow, started out as heavy torrential rain, has now lessened to rain mid morning to mid afternoon, hoping it goes elsewhere by tomorrow's forecast
Lynn, I didn't fall, I just sank, a vast improvement on falling I think
Got a food delivery this morning and then will get the girls out, next week will be able to get back on the Country Park when I want to and alternate it with trips to the river, which will be a change.
Hope you're feeling better, Moyra. Try and get your power naps mid afternoon then you won't get disturbed.
Lynn, I am hoping Dillon responds well to the course of injections and they ease his stiffness, he's in his prime at 4 and its a shame.
Mandy, have a nice day off and enjoy a dry walk this afternoon with Rosie, as sometimes if it rains in the morning it passes over (probably on its way to my end)
I too am hoping all is well with Mr Fritz after his op, and that Norma is OK as well with Bumblesnout.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone.
Not quite so nice today, a bit more cloud. We have been very lucky with the weather, sunshine all week. You just wait as soon as Helmut goes home and I can get in the garden it will pour
TW, try not to sink today, sorry but that made me laugh
Poor old stiff Dillon. Lets hope the rest of the injections help.
Hubby has to go for his diabetic check this morning and then we are going around the shops
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Internets up and down this morning, I did see a Virgin van yesterday at the box near the football field, so there are obviously problems in the area.
LOL Nippy, no wonder Lona expected me to get her ball for her, perish the thought she should sink Have a nice day today and hope Brian's diabetic check goes OK
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Sun has come out now and warming up.
Well Dillon has just run in full pelt s the doorbell rang. Postie asking if I would take in a package for no.5. By the time he stopped not far he was limping.
Gorden feels we let him do what he wants and if he limps after and needs a pain killer so be it he is a young dog full of energy let him live his life. Katherine vet agreed with that also. She did say the cartrophen only aims to put a shock absorber on the joints so he may still need pain killers alongside it.
We will see.

No sinking then today June. Oh yes I know that feeling of wanting to slap some people well.
I hope it doesn't rain on you Nippy Jen when Helmut goes back.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Good morning

Hope the weather improves for you Moyra so you stay dry on your walks

Por Dillon I agree let him live his life as long as he is able with a top up of pain killers when needed Gentle hugs to him.

Well done to Lauryn Mandy and hope Rosie is now full recovered and it stops raining so you can get her out.

Hope Brian's check up goes wellNippy and y ou all enjoy your shopping - no doubt with a carvery thrown in

Now be careful today June. The girls are no fools - let mum sink so we do't have too

Sorry to say this but we have SUN Lovely and warm out there but no doubt it will rain later as I have just cleaned all the windows outside!

Hope everyone is well. Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2016, 10:14 AM
done my bit for this morning, yes true honest. Pressure washed both cars and topped up the screen washer bottles. Don't sound much but it takes time with setting up the pressure washer etc.
Weather wise it is baking hot with sunshine all morning, summer is here???
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Morning all
Lynn i too am of the thinking let them live life, when diez was bad with her arthritis i looked into stem cell transplants...it was all the rage in the u.s but i could only see one place in the uk that did it and they charge more than i could ever pay, i spoke to my trainer about it and she said she had it done for her nieces lab and she reckoned it was only around £500...i bet the insurance would cover that too as it is kind of repairing the damage
Nippy, good luck to Brian with the diabetic check and enjoy your day out
TW, deep breath girl, don't let it spoil your day...bet you are getting to the point of not wanting to answer the phone now
Tumbleweed, well done on the cars...i don't use a pressure washer but the two bucket method, pain when the sun is shining as the soap can dry pretty quick
Sue, fancy doing my windows for me??? please!!!!!!!
Mandy, hope you manage to get Rosie out
Moyra, i messaged Norma yesterday actually to see how things were
Right, mum offered to go with her mate to the hospital today but she said no as it was only an ultrasound.....she has now been admitted! she has a gallstone the size of a ball bearing and has been having attacks for at least 18 years, they have put her on iv antibiotics and she is in a flap as she hasn't taken a bag with her....she didn't expect to be staying, mum has told her she must tell the surgeon when she sees him that she will need someone to sit with her until she goes to theatre and until she comes out and my mum will do that, mum has told her to ring her later and if she is still in we will go and fetch her stuff for her
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >