Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dragan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2009, 09:01 AM

My Dog has a new Hobby...

hi there.
i have a 11 month old dog who is /was clean in the house..
for a couple of days now she decided to have a new hobby:
she gets out first thing in the morning while i make the kids ready for school. schortly before i have to leave she comes in again.
so far so good..
i bring kids to schoo and when i come back there is a huge pile of poo in the middle of the living room!!?

she never done that in the past and is used to beeing alone this half hour..

any idea why she is doing that and how i can stop that again??
i normaly just clean it up and don't talk to her while i do it.
she looks absolutely guilty in the meantime. so i think she knows exactly that she shouldn't do it.

thx in advanced
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 11:31 AM
When you say she gets out - do you mean just in the garden while you sort out the kids??
What is she doing in the garden while you are in the house??

Some dogs really are better with some good exercise before they can go to the loo

I know its difficult but I would get up 20 min earlier and take her for a nice walk 1st - and praise her like mad when she goes to the loo - and try and teach her a command when she goes then when she has got that sussed you can put her out the back and use the command

I wouldnt say she knows she shouldnt do it because she looks guilty - if she really knew not to do it then she wouldnt

unless its seperation anxiaty? but if you say she is used to this and has never done it before then I doubt it
Has anything changed?? are there say new people with noisy dogs passing the house while you are out?? or something may have scared her while you were out one time and now she isnt happy while you are out

But I would deff still work on the making sure she goes to the loo 1st thing in the morning with a nice walk - much more stimulating for her than being in the garden (I know its more work for you - but now I actually find it a realy nice way to start the day - a bit of me and the dog time)
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2009, 08:52 PM
sometimes ,changing feed times, will change poop times..just an angle....and i agree with bens,info ..
Dragan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2009, 08:31 PM
thx.for the replys.
will give it a go.