View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Had a letter from the council yesterday with regard to our boundary wall. Because of subsidence,(due to the council blocking the drains into the local pond) our brick wall is subsiding quite considerably and so is the neighbours. Responsibility is either the landlady's the housing association or the councils and nobody wants to take control. Today we have Simon the local maintenance man taking the wall down to about three foot makes our garden vulnerable from the road. He will put up a metal fencing covered with may secure it for a while but how long this will go on is anyones business.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 11:17 AM
TW, i reckon Lona will be home asking for sympathy in no time at all!!! you best be ready to cater to her every whim Lol
Moyra, i hope someone accepts responsibility...as long as he puts you up some sort of detterent don't worry about things and let those other parties fight amongst themselves
Sue, fancy planting me some bulbs? i put quite a few bulbs in this spring but hardly any came up...maybe next year will be better
Made myself a veg curry, Steve a massive pan of chicken curry and my dad some chicken curry too...all from scratch with spices tined tomatoes etc. Just waiting for that lot to cook and cool then i can put some into a pot for steve and the rest into bags for his freezer for when he fancies and then it is bolognase...was goig to be chilli but i thought if he ate two dinners i had made onenight after the other then it would be rice 2 nights on the trot so this way he gets pasta instead Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 11:39 AM
You are kind to him Griff. Half our wall is down already but it is just not the short piece we thought it would be, it is quite a length. Cannot see the landlady being happy about it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 11:43 AM
You are a saint disguised as a blue haired harpy Griff
I've just got a new pin number, well it says it is. I can't see anything at all, have tried rubbing it with a key, nuffink at all showing, held it up to the light, nuffink
Got them onto the river, there is even more debris than last time I was on there, probably due to the height of the water a few weeks ago. The EA was here last week moving all the debris from under the bridge into the village and I asked them about moving it, and she said to either ring or go on their site and it may get seen to. I'm going to have a look into that, because there is so much large metal fencing there now that if it got stuck under the bridge during high water, then it could cause real problems, and besides that I will then be able to get everyone onto the river if they move it. She thought it was a shame I couldn't get them all down there anymore as well.
Here's some piccies from this morning

Considering the way Zen was leaping about, I was expecting her to be limping again, there is a bit of a limp, but nothing like last Friday.
Moyra, that landlady of yours wants stringing up, she really does, its her responsibility, then if she wants to take it up with the Housing Association after its repaired then so be it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Good luck with the op Nippy Jen.
Moyra do hope someone puts their hand up for dealing with the wall for you.
June that's to stop you spending.

Mark has 40 hours up until his test which is the 21st. The guy reckons he would only of needed 30 and is saying today he will walk the test. Fingers crossed and let's hope so.

Very balmy here again it did cool down but is all hot and sticky again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Well he can really fine tune himself with the remaining time. Any news on your car Lynn or have you switched off
If your landlady isn't happy Moyra, then she should have sorted it out herself shouldn't she, I would bill her for it, then she'll be even less happy. If that wall fell on someone you could get sued probably, or something equally bizarre
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 12:47 PM
The maintenance man has taken it down to about 3 ft all along. The woman from the housing association has been out to see what is going on. Simon the maintenance guy is going to put up hard metal fencing to secure the premises, but how long that is going to be for God only knows.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Lol...well Moyra, if she doesn't like it, it is a bit tough!!! it isn't your responsibility and the council, housing association and her can fight amongst themselves, as TW says, if the wall had fallen on someone there would have been a lot of problems...not for you as you don't own the place so s*d all to do with you Lol
TW, absolutely beuatiful piccies, i would get in touch with the EA and i would also let my local councillor know...i may even mention risk to children, yes, they might not supposed to be there but we all know that kids have adventures wherever they feel regardless of the dangers
Lol blue haired harpy...that made me chuckle, the bolognase cost about £3.00 to make and there will be tonnes of it, i used the asda beef and pork mince as i hadn't got enough cash to get the lean mince, i have drained off all the excess fat though, will be a lot happier when i know he is eating "proper" food instead of microwave pasta, pizza and microwave jacket spuds
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks Griff, bit of a Memory Day for me, like I say Just In Case.
Why do people pay all that money for microwave jacket potatoes when you can buy a bag of potatoes to microwave for a heck of a lot less Makes no sense to me at all
Still can't find my pin number, going to have to ring them aren't I, there will be something I've not done or something I've done that I shouldn't have, I know. Why is it so difficult to find my pin number, have they changed what they send you or something.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Lovely pictures June.
You're becoming a domestic goddess griff.
Car goes back tomorrow Gorden is home this evening and working from home for a few days. Tomorrow the MAP sensor will be replaced that's the last thing to try before it goes on some hi-tech diagnostic equipment.
We will wait while it's fitted then go off on a journey for roughly the same amount of miles to Harlow but round Lincs. If management light stays off and warning messages we know he has found the root of the problem, if it comes on again we drop it back and he then will take it over to his cousin who has a garage and the bosch super dooper diagnostic machine which should show up the precise problem so it can be fixed. If it doesn't it's his other idea about the throttle which will not show up on any equipment. If it is that by process of elimination then he will fix it and fingers crossed it's sorted once and for all.
Drove it to tesco today and it's such a beautiful car to look at and drive so really hoping it's sorted soon.
Paul was on the drive when I pulled off and he said wow it looks new.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >