View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Good morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone Friday again where do the weeks go ? Good thing it is the weekend tomorrow.
Gorden is off the the Nigerian Embassy today to get that visa. He was a little annoyed as he did not know till around lunch time it would be today he is being paid by the Nigerian end for loss of work but he could of taken his gifted maths class and him and the children really enjoy it and they will all miss doing their class today too.
His contract for Kazakhstan was emailed yesterday and if he can be guaranteed his 3 days when he comes back will go he has been given the heads up for a guaranteed 2 days but it will be confirmed today whether it will still be the three. Looks like he will be going though so one day home from Nigeria and 8 weeks in Kazakhstan and he will be away on my birthday.
He is looking at the bigger picture money wise with regards to moving if he gets the North Lincs job or not either way we can do what we want to if he gets the job and what we need to do if he doesn't get the job.
I got up up at 4.30 to go to the bathroom and then Dillon got me up at 5 he was restless for some reason seems settled now though. I have been kipping on the sofa on and off. What I did notice is the birds are tweeting now at 4.30 a sure sign that spring is on its way. Thank goodness we all are looking forward to that I think.

June I hope you get some piccies of Sasha today and a nice update. Maybe they deleted your email address by mistake. I am also pleased you have heard from Ash's dad.
Mini I hope today will be more restful for you after yesterday.
Sal goodness what a nightmare OH is being again I hope he does what is right for today and that it it doesn't involve anymore hard work than you are doing already.
Malka I hope you are feeling better today and have no more strange hysterical women and children accusing Pereg of biting.
Harvey I hope you too are feeling brighter and that the satellite is now up and working.
Jenny good luck with the new lap top mine is a Lenovo and I didn't realise that was the name IBM use for their personal lap tops and computers I feel quite posh now which is good when you didn't pay a posh price.
I hope I haven't missed anyone out if I have sorry I will catch up later.

I hope we have no poorly doggies or humans today if we do get well soon.
Stay safe and have a nice Friday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

I can only reitterate everything you have said to everybody there Lynn, cos you said it so well and I'm feeling lazy this morning, and my nails are too long again to type properly!

Dave in GOOD mood, yayyyyyy, should have an ok week-end then! He's got lots on today. I've got a painter coming at 8.45 to give us a quote for the whole lounge in April when he's done the fireplace job, then the wood for the hallway is arriving somewhen today, and also the new fire for the lounge, so me and Zena are leaving him here to do all that whilst we take a leisurely stroll along the beach

It's going to be just like spring (allegedly!!!) today, we shall see, but it certainly looks like it out there and the birds are a singing this morning very early as you say Lynn.

Roast chicken for lunch, and Dave will be taking up the carpet in the hallway to repair any problems in the flooring, so hopefully, he'll let me squeaze into the kitchen to cook it!

Enjoy your day it's going to be a good one
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all.

Sounds like Gorden's busy busy busy. It's a shame he will be away for your birthday but it does mean he'll jut have to do something extra special when he gets back!

I'm of to the doctors this morning for even more blood tests. Hopefully the nurse can get blood out of me first time today since it took her four goes last time Going to stop off on the way back and walk the boys somewhere different then get on with cleaning the house, it's a right mess.

Hope everyone has a good day
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning Lynn, Wrekin and all who follow,

Lynn - you and Gorden are really going through an unsettled phase with so many questions and not enough answers. Once you haver a confirmed itinerary you can at work with it. I'm sorry for you if Gorden ends up being away for 8 weeks, its a long time for both of you but lets hope that the job up north comes off and it will put an end to all of this travelling. We'll all support you Lynn and keep you company

Wrekin - I hope the nurse manages to take some blood on first attempt - they should be able to surely. Good luck and enjoy your walk afterwards with your boys.

Hopefully a quiet (no plans) day other than a food shop and general housework. We have a heavy frost this morning but the promise of a sunny day - my favourite
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Lynn, my apologies I didn't notice you hiding there Great news that Dave is in a good mood, you must have made him happy. The forecast looks wonderful, my favourite type of day Enjoy your walk.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Charly has her big interview in London today with the international Lawyers firm. Everything crossed it goes well for her. Its a 4 hour interview from 1-5pm.

I am shattered. Lily decided to come to bed with me last night, so I had 5 inches of bed for me while she was sprawled on the rest. Needless to say I kept waking wanting to move and trying to stop myself falling out.

Off to do mums shopping this morning and then over to do her housework. Back to walk Lily and then off to work. Thank heavens its Friday.

Hope Gordon gets the visa with no hitches Lynn and all goes more smoothly now.

I had better get my skates on so have a good day all.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Morning Lynn,morning all

Lovely morning here,cold and frosty but the sun is shining.

Lizzie came home last night with some lovely gifts from her b/f,he had a card especially made for her with a photo of the two of them on the front, and a lovely mug he had done too,chocolates and red roses,one of which had a heart on the petals,he took her out for a meal and she had a wonderful time

Tom got me up at 12.30am complaining of a migraine attack,so we are going to have to see how that goes and if he still continue's to get them he will be going back to the Dr's.

O/H has decided he doesn't need to go back to the hospital this morning,so he has been told not to complain anymore because I am not listening and I'm sick and tired of his awkward ways!

I need to pop to the shops later and nothing else planned.

Fingers crossed for you and Gordon Lynn.

Have a good day all xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Lynn - fingers still crossed that everything falls into place for you and Gorden - you have both been waiting far too long with far too many uncertainties and hiccups along the way, and you deserve everything to go smoothly and successfully now. (((hugs)))

Nechda - do not wear poor Dave out with everything he has to do when he is home - it must seem like he is working a seven day week!

Jen - I hope the vampire gets your blood first time.

Bev - Good luck to Charly for her interview.

Sal - it sounds like Lizzie's boyfriend really knows how to treat her properly on the day for love! I hope Tom feels a bit better this morning, and that your OH does not keep driving you mad.

The Monster decided she needed a pee less than an hour after we had gone to bed, in spite of having done one just before I locked up. Two hours later it was prod prod prod, gotta pee again. Little booger. Mind you she did let me get back into bed after her early pill so I got another couple of hours of

Nothing to do foodwise today as all vegetables blanched and frozen yesterday, cooked chicken taken out to defrost before I went to bed [I de-bone after cooking and before freezing in the stock], and the dried mixed pulses were also done yesterday after having been in soak for 24 hours. Actually I do have one last thing to do and that is to cook some wild rice and mixed whole grains but they will be done in the rice cooker so not really any work.

Have a good day everyone, and sorry if I have missed anyone out.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Good morning all.

Glad things are coming together for you, Lynn. Long time away, but it must be a relief to know that things are at last looking positive.

Spring is definitely in the air. Mrs Starling paid a visit to her nesting place in the gap between the cladding in the porch so it looks like she's starting her building job again

Same old, same old for us today, but hopefully, like yesterday, in lovely weather.

Have a good 'un all x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I hope that Gorden gets his visa ok today, shame they have messed you about again. Pity he will miss your birthday though.

Lol H, I was having the same nail problem, I have cut them but they are still quite long. If they are short I can't pick anything up! Let's hope this weather lasts this time.

I would tell your OH to put a sock in it Sal, I have an awkward one too, after trying to pussyfoot around him for years I don't put up with it anymore.

Fancy someone accusing our Pereg of biting them as if!

Had a busy day yesterday, cousin still wants to go home. He enjoyed going back to the bungalow but wanted to get into bed, he couldn't as it was piled high with his paintings. We managed to lift carpeting ( it was a health hazard) and move a load of rubbish out. The will is finally made, that has been a worry and his hospital visit done. We had a letter to say he had missed an appointment, we weren't even aware of it so Mondays appointment is now off as he was supposed to have a 24 hour ecg before it. Life can be so complicated.

I am working this afternoon and all day Saturday and Sunday which is a pain as the dogs need more exercise, Crufts is only 3 weeks away and the youngsters are not in the condition I would like them to be.

I hope you all have a good day.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »