Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2014, 04:41 PM

WhatChaReadin" ?

How about a thread for the bookworms? I have always been an avid reader. So much so that if it were the end of days I would have just three requests-my dogs beside me, a pot of coffee and a good Danish, a pile of thirty or forty books, then I could die happy.

So lets share our favorite reading material. What you're reading now, what you've read, what's on your wish list, articles from magazines. There's so much online but let us praise the printed word.

Something wonderful about used books is discovering authors you otherwise might have missed. A nearby library has six full shelves of donated books that are rotated weekly. What a wonderful concept! Leave some and take some, peruse and perhaps keep one or two and re-donate the rest.

I've just found an author named Virginia Ironside. The book is "You're Old, I'm Old...Get Used to It!". Hilarious, irreverent and just the comforting words I need. I have " No I Don't Want to Join a Book Club" on my wish list as well as a bereavement book she wrote.

Now, what are you reading?
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Ooh, I will read just about anything! At present I'm reading the novels that were made into the Jesse Stone films starring Tom Selleck as 'drunk' police chief in the town of Paradise near Boston USA.

Any recommendations will be most welcome here.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 07:22 PM
My bookshelves are dominated by a couple of specific genres
The vast majority of them are about werewolves, killer animals or prehistoric animals. My all time favourite is Meg by Steve Alten.... about a giant prehistoric killer shark

I'm currently reading 'The Loch', as apparently it's sequel will be a crossover of that and the 'Meg' series.
I placed in a competition to appear as a character in the fifth book in the series so need to catch up with whats going on in the non shark books lol
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 06:42 AM
If the title of the thread were in English I might think there was literacy there...
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm also a big fan of autobiographies. I've tons of books.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I love Jodi Piccoult books, have read all of hers but have to admit her latest 'The Story Teller' I have downloaded onto my iPad kindle because it was cheaper!
But I have lots of books, mainly chick lits
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2014, 12:05 AM
The thread title of course refers to everyone's favorite question as we read. Sometimes it can be complicated, I'm a big fan of humorist David Sedaris. Unfortunately he enjoys naming his books some of the most ridiculous titles.

I remember sitting in the break room one day and somebody asked what I was reading, the book was "Talking About Diabetes With Owls". You can imagine the look I got trying to explain it.

Most of my books are non-fiction. The first four places I head first in the book shop...music, I love bio's and autobio's of what my son refers to as "old dead rock guys". Then history, general biography and humor.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 05:29 AM
Off to a market today so will see if there's any interesting reads there.
I do have a kindle which I use because of living half and half in 2 places but a proper book, you just can't beat it.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 06:38 AM
I love the Jesse Stone films. Brooding and love the dogs that he has. Mind you I like him to. Haven't read any of the books so must get them out of the library. At the moment I am reading the Village School series by Gervaise Phinn. Forgot to say I am a big fan of Harry Potter and the films. Read and watch over and over again.Very sad.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Tom Selleck - what's not to like

I enjoyed the Harry Potter books too. Still find the first book (and film) the most magical.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >